My Dear Family!
I LOVE YOU! And oh do I love this work! We just got back from tracting and I'm a different person than I was a few hours ago. We didn't get in at all...and only got tow numbers for the Elders in this area, but it was still a great experience. Mom-A part of you was with me today. Just the things I was saying to a wonderful woman we talked to sounded like some things you would say. Thanks for that.
Other than that, Elder Stenborg and I are working hard and doing well. We practice-taught President Sorensen (the MTC President) for our Second Milestone. Oh and a Milestone is like a test for teaching the lessons. We've done 2 and we have 2 more.
OH! And I met President Bullock on Tuesday (the 9th)!! He is amazing, I love him already. I know he will take great care of me over the next two years, so don't ever worry! We got to eat dinner with him and then had interviews with him, it was great.
And guess who I'm sitting next to right now? Elders Perry and Knight! (note from Dalene: these are two Elders Luke "met" on Facebook before he even left. He was able to meet one of them in person at the Provo Temple before they left.) They are so much fun, I love them like brothers. We're all really alike it's great! I really feel so at home here.
(Luke then writes to each of us. Here are a few excerpts:)
...we now have only 5 days left in the MTC. It's my new home and I think I'm gonna miss it. I love it here!
My Sundays here have been vunderbar! (Wonderful) I forgot to tell about my District...we are mostly Americans, with my Swedish companion and one Brit. I love them. Some of them make fun of me, but it's alright. The other night I got complimented from one of the nice ones on doing well with it. They are nice most of the time now. I love the food! We ate at a pub and I had my first fish & chips and oh it was so good! I think I might stay here...You're coming to pick me up in 2 years.
He also got after Z~ for not writing and congratulated L~ on her 4.0 and said this to K~:
"My first day in the MTC was GREAT! You are going to love being a Missionary someday. You should read the Book of Mormon among your other chapter books!...Be good, I love you.
Well, this is probably going to be my last MTC letter to you. This time next week I'll be in the field and have my e-mail set up. I will only be able to e-mail family so you can expect an e-mail from me on Wednesday the 17th before that, I think. We'll see. Mom, look for my e-mail(s) in your junk mail on your g-mail. I'm pretty sure they'll go there first. Well, it's time for class. I love you all and I'll hear from you soon!
Love,
Elder Rowley
May the Spirit be with you!
(My two cents: the part about the other missionaries teasing him makes me want to both cry and go over to England and give a few 19-year-olds a piece of my mind. And, it's interesting to me that Luke sent a letter on 9/11 that answered every single question I asked him in my letter to him on 9/13. Cool!)
2 comments:
If you are forwarding his e-mails, I would love to be on the list and keep track of Luke's great work.
My email is huberATsurwestDOTnet
Will do. Despite his having said we'd hear from him yesterday, we've still got nothing via e-mail (not even in the junk mail) but as soon as we do I'll send it your way. Thanks!
Post a Comment