Saturday, September 6, 2008

Finally!

Now that's more like it!
Royal Mail--I'll say!

Here's our first letter (it's not dated or postmarked, but I'm guessing it's from one of his first days):

Hello Family,

Well, I made it! And there is no way I'm coming home. Ever. I love being a missionary so much, life is so different! I have to be quick because it's almost time for lights out...or maybe I'll write this tomorrow morning at breakfast. I'll do what I can now.

This place is beautiful! I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'm in a different country, but I love it! Oh and thanks so much for the letters, I haven't had a chance to read any yet, but I'm excited to. You've made everyone here jealous of me!

My Companion is Elder Stenborg from Sweden and he is going back to Sweden for his mission, he is really cool and I love him.

Right now I'm sitting down eating golden crisp for breakfast. I think the staff is trying to help our culture shock...or maybe they just have this in England, who knows.

There are 68 of us here, no sisters (we've been using the sisters bathroom, it's weird!). Actually all of the bathrooms are strange, but not too strange. Things in general are different here. Don't be surprised when I star using words like "rubbish!"

Well, I'd better go. I love you all so much. Mom-stop missing me so much, I'm alright. Remember, when you miss me, go to work. There is plenty of Missionary work to do there in Provo!

I will write more later.

I LOVE YOU!

--Elder Rowley









6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! Thanks for sharing the news. I'm glad he's well and that you all will feel a little better now communications have been established!

Geo said...

Whaddya know? The Secret works!

Or somethin.

Glad you finally got some Brit love.

dalene said...

It does--thanks Geo! *wink*

I'm kind of feeling sorry for them to be in an MTC w/o any sisters. That's just sad.

Leah Jean said...

Haha yes, but with Luke being as focused as he is on his mission, I'm almost surprised he noticed. Almost. I'm so glad you finally got word! Thanks for posting it!

Anonymous said...

Ah, his letter made me all teary. I'm making this blog required reading for my teenage boys. Thanks for sharing "the best two years" with us.

Ms. Julie said...

Thanks for sharing the letter! I especially love "Mom- stop missing me so much, I'm alright. Remember, when you miss me, go to work."

That boy knows his momma. :) What a good kid.