Saturday, September 13, 2008

special delivery


This week we got three envelopes from the U.K. One arrived on Thursday--just three days after it was mailed. It contained a bunch of hand-written thank-you notes for the various family and ward-family members who have so generously helped send Luke off on his mission. Today the doorbell rang and I heard a man's voice say, "Special Delivery...from England." There were two more envelopes of thank-you cards. These had been delivered to our neighbors who live two blocks away and who happen to share our same house number. Despite repeated denials on the part of the post office that this could not possibly happen, we frequently get their mail and they frequently receive ours. It's been like this for years.

Resolving this regular mix-up has become more urgent of late because while it may be fine to wait a day or two extra to receive the electric bill, it's not at all OK to wait for a letter from our missionary.

No worries though. This week the owners of our doppelganger mailbox also happen to be sending off a missionary--their fourth I believe--the illustrious Matt Karlsven.

Bon voyage Matt. I guess we'll be looking forward to missionary mail from you, too, now. I promise to deliver them to your mom ASAP because we know how anxiously she'll be awaiting to hear from you.

No comments: