
Date: Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:36 AM
Subject: More Love from Elder Rowley
Hello again!
Oh it's so good to hear from everyone! How is everyone doing? How is school and work and friends and everything? How's the ward? Please tell them I love them! I have so much to tell you, I don't even know where to begin. My week has been incredible so far and P-day is today (Wednesday). Thanks for taking care of everything for me! Oh and I'm glad you got to talk to *that lady, I was really excited to see her and excited for you to get her call!
Where to begin I don't even know... I had to write things down so I would remember everything! Things go by so fast here, it's amazing that it's already been a whole week since I've been here! Only 5 weeks left in the transfer, but I'm thinking the Lord will keep me here for a little while, hopefully through Christmas. Well, first of all, music is such a blessing. Elder Ayers and I sing every morning before companion study and the Shrewsbury ward is really excited to finally have another Tenor to sing in the ward choir. I'm so happy to know that music is really important here, my background in music is blessing me so much!
Oh and Guess what?! We went to Wales on Sunday!! It was SO beautiful, really green and foggy when we were there and there were some mountains! Actually they were more like hills, but I love it so much. The branch there is very small but the spirit was strong during the Sacrament and other meetings. Elder Ayers and I got to prepare and bless the Sacrament and also I shared my testimony and he gave a talk, it was really good. Oh and the other day we ordered our Welsh name-tags, that'll be interesting to see the name of the church in Welsh! Oh and I'm happy to remember that I put Welsh for my ancestry when I was filling out my Mission papers, that's so amazing that I'm serving where our ancestors came from!
Here's a few of our experiences so far:
We had an appointment fall through so we decided to do some tracting in the area and when we decided on a street and prayed about it Elder Ayers and I received different answers as to where to go. We decided to pray again and when we opened our eyes there was a boy and a lady who we talked to and they seemed really interested and are hopefully going to get back to us, it was amazing!
Another time we were tracting and we talked to a guy outside his home and got talking about the Book of Mormon. We got to share our testimony of it and we gave it to him and he said he needed three weeks to read it and he would come to church and tell us how it went, it was brilliant! I wish you could have seen me after these experiences, I was SO happy!
This one was my favorite so far. We were teaching a family and they have a daughter who's boyfriend is investigating the church. Wonderful family, it makes me so happy to teach them. The spirit was strong in the lesson and I got to share my testimony of the Atonement and teach about it. Right before we left our investigator said that I really touched his heart and I was literally filled with joy to hear that. It means that the spirit was with me and I taught and testified by the spirit and he (our investigator) opened his heart to it and let it in. Oh it made me so happy, I was so excited when we left the place. Oh and we got an appointment with them for tea and FHE next week!! I'm really excited.
My favorite thing so far has been teaching and sharing my testimony by the spirit, there is nothing like that in the world. It makes me so happy to know that I'm making a difference. Every night Elder Ayers and I come home completely exhausted and I never have trouble sleeping at night, it's amazing. This work is the hardest thing I've ever ever ever done, but it's so worth it in every way. I love it so much. I'm growing closer to Jesus Christ every single day and at the end of every day I'm happy to know that I'm a better man than I was at the beginning of the day. The church is true and nothing else matters. Share it with everyone you meet and have no fear. Families can be together forever. God lives and loves us more than we will ever know. He wants to bless us as much as He can. I love this Gospel so much!
You are probably wanting my address so here it is:
3 Bank Farm Mews
Shrewsbury
SY3 9DQ
England
Let everyone know that I love the letters and I really need all of the support. Like I said before, this is the hardest thing I've ever done and I really couldn't do it without all of the incredible support. Oh and if anyone wrote me in the last week or two I don't have the letters yet, they're all at the Mission Office until the Zone Leaders pick it up for me.
Please pray for me to get lost in the work and stop being homesick. I really need your prayers and I'm so thankful for them. I love you all SO much.
Love Love Love Love,
Elder Rowley
*see previous post
(From Dalene: You heard him. Please send more prayers STAT! It sounds like letters to his flat would be good, too.)
4 comments:
I'm happy to pray for this sweet elder!
Elder Rowley you are an amazing young man and servant of the Lord. It sounds like you are doing a very good job of getting lost in your work! It is such a delight to read your blog. You lift my spirits! :) I wish you the best & add my prayers to the many who pray for your well being and continued faithfulness and enthusiasm.
We are very involved in the missionary efforts in our area...Kerry is counselor to the Nebraska Omaha Mission President. We love the Lord's work and I am very proud of you. :)
Love,
Charmaine (Your Mom's Aunt)
Charm--I'll make sure to include your comment in my next letter to him. Thanks everyone for the support. I know he feels it and it helps!
Bless his heart. I remember those feelings like they were yesturday. Rest asured we are praying for him in our household.
Post a Comment