
I posted the empty mailbox photo on Wednesday because that was the earliest I expected to hear anything. I didn't know if the MTC over there would let their missionaries have access to e-mail so I was expecting to get snailmail sometime this week.
Since then Shane and I have been waiting. And waiting. And waiting. L~ has prayed every day that Luke would write soon. We all miss him, but it seems like once those letters start coming regularly we will be OK.
I subscribe to the idea that no news is good news. I'm sure he arrived just fine and all is well. But after over a week I can't help but worry. What if his luggage got lost (mine did and I wore the same clothes for the first three days)? What if there is a transportation strike (there was one in Belgium during the entire first month I was out in the field--which meant no one from home heard from me and I didn't get any letters from home)?
Yesterday people started telling me I should call the MTC, because every mission has you write home the first day. The MTC here has you write home the first day. I thought maybe they did things differently in the foreign MTCs, but someone whose nephew went to the Brazil MTC said they got a call or an e-mail to say they had arrived safely. I also talked with a friend whose son went to the Preston MTC. They started getting e-mails a couple of days after he arrived. Hmmm.
And so my imagination starts to go a little crazy. Maybe Luke e-mailed and it went to junk mail. I checked all my junk mail (I tell you, I would not do that for just anyone. Ewwwww!). No e-mail from Luke. I thought maybe he forgot our e-mail addresses and sent something to his e-mail. Nope. I thought maybe he updated his facebook page. And so I joined facebook just so I could check his profile. (I wouldn't do that for just anyone either, but hi and thanks to all of you who immediately added me as a friend.)
Today I worry--what if he forgot my e-mail was henfeatherz with a "z" and some ordinary henfeathers person got my very first missionary e-mail from my son? That would be tragic!
I think if we don't get anything today I might have to break down and call. I believe if I have to do that I would do so with Shane's blessing. But you can bet that the very next letter I send will include all of our e-mail addresses and any other important contact information because I don't want to miss a thing!
Honestly if we don't hear from him soon I'm going to start posting his picture on milk cartons.
Or something...
2 comments:
I am about to test out The Secret on your mailbox.
Hope you get word TODAY!
I can only imagine what goes through the mama's mind when waiting for mail!! I hope you get some mail today!!!
Post a Comment