Subject: Re: March on!
Hello Everyone!
We've had a great week here in Preston! Spring is proving to be not as good as we had originally hoped, but we know it will improve. And we're happy also to have the time change. It's light outside until nearly 9:00 every night! It's exciting.
So many miracles have happened since last week and we've also been very busy. Tuesday we had to pick up the Isle of Man Elders from the port in Heysham and we worked with them for the day. The next day was Zone Conference, the next day we had a special meeting with the Area President at the Mission Home, and on Friday we traveled to some of the farthest areas in the zone for a couple of Baptismal interviews. The past two days we've been busy teaching and it's all gone so fast!
One amazing miracle that happened was actually the night before Zone Conference. One of the Missionaries we live with became very ill with a stomach problem. He was throwing up and in intense pain for most of Tuesday evening. It was decided that we needed to take him to the hospital so we took him there that night. The miracle of it was that before we drove him there we gave him a blessing. We had the Isle of Man Elders with us so there were 5 Elders altogether giving the blessing. With our combined faith he started feeling better on the way to the hospital and by the time we left the hospital about an hour later he was a little tired but fine. I testify that the power of God is real and that it is held by men on earth to bless others. It works. The other amazing thing about this is that the sick Elder goes home in a couple of weeks. If he had not been healed, he would have missed his last Zone Conference.
Speaking of Zone Conference it was spectacular. President Bullock gave a powerful training on the Atonement, Elder Griffeth and I got to train our zone on committing investigators to repent, and that same Elder that was sick the previous night conducted a powerful musical number. Zone Conferences are very tiring, there is something about feeling the spirit for an entire morning and afternoon that just takes all the energy out of a Missionary.
The next great happening was the next day when we had a special meeting at the Mission Home with President Kopischke, the Europe Area President. The spirit was very strong there as well and everyone learned a lot. We were tired after this meeting also!
Friday was great as well. We spent somewhere around 5 hours in the car traveling first to an area called Workington which is up north, then to an area called Blackpool which isn't too far from Preston. It sure did take a long time though. Elder Griffeth and I got to conduct a couple of Baptismal interviews for investigators who were Baptised in these areas on Saturday. It seemed like a lot of driving for such a little thing, but that's not the only blessing we received from it. Elder Griffeth had the faith and diligence to ring all of our former investigators while we were traveling, and we were very blessed for it.
On Saturday we were able to teach one of these formers, Micah, who is from Botswana. He was taught previously but he remembers a little of what was taught. As we shared the first vision with him the spirit was very strong and he accepted to be Baptised! He is a great man and you'll hear more about him in the future. Also on Saturday we were able to have Tea with a member family named the Evans who are amazing. One of the daughters goes round to the neighbors houses and has them read in the Book of Mormon and checks them off on a little chart. They are such a strength to the Church and I'm happy to be able to work with them.
Sunday was fantastic. We had no investigators at Church though. We can use your prayers in behalf of the Preston area and ward that we'll be able to get some investigators at Sacrament Meeting next week. Every time I've asked all of us to unite our faith to pray for something it's happened. The Preston area needs this right now so I invite us all to do it again. I know that miracles will come!
The fantastic part of Sunday was the afternoon and evening. We taught 6 new investigators. Four of them were a Family who were taught previously, Elder Griffeth found their records when he was phoning all of the former investigators. As we taught about the Restoration one of the daughters in the family listened very intently and seemed to be just thirsting for more. They all accepted to be Baptised as well and this little girl, Neha (pronounced nayha) is very very excited for Baptism. It's such a miracle to be able to teach such prepared people! Also, that evening we taught two more new investigators, Tanya and Carla. They were referred to us by a member and we taught them in this members home. They learned a lot as we taught about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and they also accepted to be Baptised! It's amazing. These people all just need to come to Church and stay committed, that's what the struggle seems to be here recently is committed investigators. I have the faith and confidence though that these people will pull through and be able to be Baptised. They all need it and deserve it so much!
Well, one thing I've learned this week is that faith really does precede the miracle. As we've seen so many miracles recently I can look back and see at least one faithful action before we saw each miracle. I also learned that when we repent we access the infinite power of the Atonement. I testify that that power is real and that it can bless us daily. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the earth. Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God. I testify that this weekend at General Conference we have an opportunity to hear God speaking to us through His living Prophet. That's why we always come away from conference feeling like certain talks were just for us. It's because the Savior Jesus Christ knows each one of us and He gives revelation to the leadership of this, His church. He did in reality shed a certain amount of drops of blood and spend a certain amount of time suffering for each and every one of us personally. I know that this is true because I feel it and I've experienced it. The Atonement is the Gospel and it's not about what we know about it that makes the difference, it's what we feel from it that changes our lives and brings us closer to our Heavenly Father and true and lasting happiness. I know this is true because I know that the Book of Mormon is true by the gift and power of the Holy Ghost as I have asked God in sincere prayer if it is true. I testify that this Gospel can and will affect all of our lives for the better, but only as much as we exercise faith in Jesus Christ to repent of our sins and keep our covenants with God to the end of our lives. How blessed are we to have the truth from God.
Well, I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week and keep up the amazing work. I testify of God's love for all of us. You are truely the salt of the earth. I couldn't be here without your help. Prepare well for General Conference.
Love,
Elder L. Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment