Monday, April 5, 2010

Time never stops

The Preston Flat: Elders Rowley, Dittmer, Johnson, and Griffeth

Date: Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: Happy Easter!!!

Hiya Everyone!

It's been an amazing week here in Preston and to top it all off General Conference was amazing! As if those were enough blessings from the Lord we were also able to go to the Temple this morning! It's been a very spiritually powerful week.

I learned a lot from General Conference and I hope and pray that we will all continue to learn from what was said and what we felt. We watched the sessions in the Chorley stake centre, it's right in between the Preston MTC Zack will be at (and I was at) and the Temple we went to this morning. They're all on the same beautiful grounds. Because of the time difference we watched the Saturday morning session on Saturday evening at 5:00. That was live. The Priesthood session was re-broadcast on Sunday morning at 10:00, then we saw the Saturday afternoon session at 1:00 and the Sunday morning session live at 5:00. It was all so amazing, the spirit was so strong. It reminded me of the scripture that talks about what the Apostles felt when the resurrected Lord spoke to them- how their hearts burned within them. I loved it.

Last week on Tuesday we had a great District Meeting in the morning and then we were on exchanges. It was great, we saw so many miracles and even got rained on quite a bit. In the evening the Isle of Man Elders were with us (we took them to the port in Heysham the next day) and a woman from Slovenia let us into her home! Elder Smith, who I was working with for the day, spoke to her outside her home and asked if we could teach her right then and because we had the Isle of Man Elders with us we were able to! It was amazing and she will be blessed by reading in the Book of Mormon!

Another miracle is that we started teaching a Hungarian man named Peter this week! He is amazing, he accepted to prepare for Baptism and everything. We taught him in the home of the Pyles, some members who live not too far from him, and the spirit was very strong. Brother Pyle even gave Peter a lift to the Priesthood session on Sunday morning! It was amazing!

We've also taught many other amazing new people this past week and there's so many that I don't even have time to tell about all of them. Another miracle we saw though was due to all of our combined faith for our investigators to come to Church. Even though it was general conference this weekend we had Peter and also another investigator named Jimmy come to Conference! It was amazing and I'm thankful for your faith to help us see this great miracle. We need them to come to actual Church this week, so your continued faith and prayers for our investigators to come to Church are still much needed. Thank you so much!

The weeks and days just keep coming and going so fast. Time never stops for anyone! I just want you again to know that I know that the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I testify of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. It is central to our conversion to Jesus Christ. I know that He would tell us to read it if He were here today. I also can testify that the words of our Prophet and Apostles and others are His words. I went into Conference this weekend with specific questions and I prayed for them to be answered in the talks and they were and are. I know that this is a living Church, the only true and living Church in the world. I know that Prayer works and changes things. I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of all of us. I testify that His Gospel is the only path to true and lasting happiness in this life and in the next. It's hard but it's possible. Let us live the Gospel.

Well, as always I'm so thankful for all your love and prayers and support. Keep up the amazing work. The Lord needs our strength. We are the salt of the earth and the light of the world. I love you!!
-
Elder L. Rowley

No comments: