Monday, April 19, 2010

Seed of faith

Elders Griffeth and Rowley

Date: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 4:43 AM
Subject: Re: Happy Easter!!!

Hiya Everyone!

How's everyone's week been? It sounds like spring is coming there and things are warming up and getting busy. That's good. Here it's also warming up but today it's overcast and windy. There are flowers or leaves on most of the trees now and it's gorgeous! I love spring!

We can't see ash from the volcanoe in iceland, but when we look in the sky it isn't the clearest blue. When the sun sets it gets more and more red as it gets closer to the horizon, so we can tell that the ash is spread all over the air. The planes here are still grounded, but it's caused a small miracle for the Missionaries here. There was a group that was supposed to leave last week but they got to stay because of the planes. One Sister from Finland was actually praying very earnestly that her mission might be extended! Althought the Lord has many reasons for allowing this volcanoe to erupt, I testify that He does hear and answer prayers.

We had a good last few days. We've been working very hard amid meetings and planning sessions and things. It's been very good and I'm excited for the next 6 weeks. Elder McKechnie is amazing. He works hard and has fun. I'm wondering if the Scottish accent is starting to affect my American accent. I'm going to go days at a time without hearing another person with my same accent. I'm the only American in the fllat. We've got Elder McKechnie from Scotland, Elder Dittmer from Germany, and Elder Llaguno from Spain. If that looks familiar it's because it should be, it's the same Elder Llaguno that I trained last year on the Isle of Man! It's been great to work with him again and see how we've both changed and improved. I love Missionary work!

A Miracle we expeienced recently was last night when we were tracting. We felt good about a certain street and as we knocked on the doors a Chinese couple opened at one of the first few doors we knocked on. After a "power statement" as we call them, and a conversation, they let us in and we taught them about the Restoration. I'm excited for them to read in the Book of Mormon and pray for the first time.

We're also having more investigators coming to Sacrament meeting recently. It's exciting, but we want to become consistent with it. Yesterday we only had one at Church and we have 3 scheduled for Baptism. We want all 3 to be at Church and even more if possible. Your continued prayers and faith to ask Heavenly Father to bless us with more investigators at Sacrament meeting will make many more miracles possible! We're also working on this within our zone as well, they can use your prayers also.

That's about it for this week, it was a quick weekend. I just want to testify to you of the power of prayer. It really does change things as we utilize it. I testify that as we ask God for what we really want as we live His commandments, He will give it to us if it be right. Faith to pray for our righteous desires to be fulfilled while being obedient to God's commandments produces miracles. One example was this Chinese couple we taught yesterday. Before we started knocking on the doors of that street we prayed and asked to be able to get let into a home to teach. I pictured a nice young family in my mind. We also strived to be obedient to our Missionary standards and because of both of these things the Lord gave us that miracle. This can work for any righteous desire in our lives. The Lord wants to bless us so much, we sometimes just need to ask. All to often we're already doing all He expects of us to receive His promised blessings, the only thing missing is to ask. I testify that God lives. He love us all. Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer and as we live His Gospel we can live with God. I know these things are true because I know that the Book of Mormon is true. The tree of a large testimony begins as the small seed of faith to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. And the roots and branches of that tree are always strengthened and nourished by continual prayer and Scripture study. The Gospel is true, let us live it and be happy and blessed by our Heavenly Father!

Well, I'm always thankful for all the amazing work you all do. I couldn't be here without you. Keep up the amazing work and let me know what I can do for any of you. I love you all!!

-Elder L. Rowley

No comments: