Monday, April 26, 2010

I love spring!

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword
sleep in my hand, till we have built Jerusalem
in England's green and pleasant land."

Date: Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 6:11 AM

Hello Everyone!

Wow that week went really fast... they all seem to just go faster and faster. The weather here has been so nice, it's been warm enough that we can take off our jackets sometimes. Right now the sun is shining but there are some clouds in the sky and it's staying pretty warm. I love the spring and I'm excited for the rest of it and for the summer as well! It makes the work go better also!

Yesterday we had a great day but no investigators came to Sacrament meeting. We're going to really work on this this week and your continued prayers and faith in our behalf are much appreciated. Anyway, after Church we went into the town centre where President Hinckley preached when he was here. We walked around the big square that's just outside where I am right now actually, and spoke with everyone that we could. Preston is just full of amazing people, I love it here!

This past week we were blessed to be able to teach a few unexpected lessons on the street and even get let into a couple doors again as well! That seems to be a re-occuring thing for us, but it's always a miracle when it happens. We've taught some wonderful people and I'll keep you updated on them as they start to progress.

On Tuesday we had the opportunity to teach a lesson with Elder Griffeth. He and his Mum were stranded here for a few days because of the volcanoe. It was great to get to work with him again, especially because Elder Griffeth was Elder McKechnie's first companion and I was Elder Griffeth's very last companion.

On Friday we made the long drive to Carlisle in the morning. We were closer to Elder McKechnie's home than we were to our flat! Anyway, we had a great district meeting with the district there and then got to work with a couple of Elders in the area. We saw so many miracles. I always ask people on the streets who they know that would be interested in what we share with them and in the afternoon I got the address of a man named Allen. In the evening we were speaking with people in a certain area and I had no idea where the street was that he lived on, I had planned to let the Elders in the area contact him after we'd left. But by divine intervention we ended up on the street that this man lived on. Well, we knocked on the door and found that he used to be a member years ago but had his name removed. He accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon to read and plans to attend Church when he moves in a few weeks! It was amazing.

Then the next morning, Elder Lloyd (who I was working with, he was in my district when I was in Liverpool so I've worked with him before) had an impression to knock on a potential investigators door (we didn't even have a lesson scheduled with him or anything) and we were let in and got to teach him. It was amazing. The spirit is a very powerful thing if we just follow it's promptings.

That same day we made the long journey back to Preston and when we arrived we found ourselves without our map and needing to think of some streets to tract. We did have an appointment with a potential investigator later that evening, but without the map we didn't know where it was. Well, I felt good about a certain area we'd worked in before so we drove there and started tracting. Not too long after we started knocking on doors Elder McKechnie spotted Jerry, who we had the appointment with, walking down the street! He decided to take a different route home from work and by divine intervention we taught him and his girlfriend and they're excited to read from and pray about the Book of Mormon. It was amazing. The Lord's hand is truly in this work!

Well, I just want you to know once again that the Church is true. If it wasn't there would be no chance in the world that young men my age could do this work. I feel so inadequate every day but with the spirit being here always I am uplifted and sustained. I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and powerful. Christ lives. We can know that through the power of the Holy Ghost and in no other way. I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only true path to success and happiness in this life and in the life to come. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and contains the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It truly is the iron rod that will lead us back into the presence of God if we will follow it daily. Families can be together forever. The Plan of Happiness is real and it works. Prayer changes things. I've seen that this week in the work that I've done and in my personal life. We are so blessed to have what we have.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and enjoy the sunshine or rain or whatever it is. Thank you again for all you do for me, prayers, letters, love, support, everything. Keep up the amazing work. The Lord is mindful of you. I love you!

Elder L. Rowley

No comments: