Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tracting in the sun


Date: Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: March on!

Hiya Everyone!

We've seen many many miracles this past week, but I don't have too much time to write about all of them! Today we've been driving a Missionary to the docks in Heysham to travel to the Isle of Man and we also picked up Elder Cowley to be transferred to his new area. It's been a lot of fun but tiring at the same time!

So the first miracle is that we've been blessed with 14 new investigators in the past week and a half since I wrote. Not all of them are still progressing, but some amazing people are still being taught. Please pray for them all to have a desire to come to Church and be Baptised.

Last week on Wednesday we taught three Chinese friends and an African couple. We're still working on setting up return appointments with them, but I'm excited to see them progress.

On Saturday we had tea with Chung and Oscar, our Chinese recent converts. When we arrived we saw that they were still preparing it so we said we would go out and look for people to teach while they prepared it. They told us of a man at number 7 of their flat complex that might be interested. So we went down and knocked on his door and ended up teaching him! We're still working to set up a return appointment with him as well, but I have good hopes for him.

Sunday was a miraculous day as well. In the afternoon we were tracting in the sun (every day in March has been sunny by the way) and we were able to teach a woman on the pavement outside her house! She was really kind but we rang her and she said she's not interested anymore sadly. But the great thing is that after we spoke with her I stopped a man from Israel named Niv who we taught later that evening. He is amazing, he felt the spirit right after we said the opening prayer! Also that day we taught another Chinese man named Sidney who is great as well.

On Monday we went teaching with a member and when we met him he had been helping a woman whos car broke down. He asked her if he could give her a copy of the Book of Mormon and so we explained it to her and set up an appointment with her and we ended up teaching her yesterday! It was amazing, she is great and she is even going to come to Church on Sunday! I'm excited for her and all of these amazing new people we have to teach.

Well, don't ever forget that there is a God in Heaven who loves us and is mindful of us and is concerned about our happiness more than we are concerned about it. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. The Book of Mormon is a true witness of this and it will bring us closer to Him than any other book. Faith in Jesus Christ leads to our diligent obedience to God's commandments to serve others which produces miracles. Elder Griffeth taught me that. The Church is true. The Restoration is real and we are so blessed because of it.

I love you all so much. I hope you have a wonderful week and keep up the amazing work! I couldn't be here without you!

Love,

Elder L. Rowley

No comments: