
Date: Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: March on!
Hello Everyone!
I hope you're all having a great week and that you are enjoying the spring! It's always the best time of the year. For March we did have sunshine every single day until the past couple days when we've had rain, but at least the temperature has been staying warmer than the winter!
Our week has been good and busy! The next day after I last wrote we woke up in the morning, got ready and made the nearly 2 hour drive up north to Carlisle for District Meeting! Our District Leader up there, Elder Torres, is French and he is amazing. We had a great meeting and we were able to work with Elder Torres and his Bulgarian companion, Elder Krustev for the day. We saw a lot of miracles and talked with some wonderful people!
The next day we traveled to an area called Workington and worked with a couple of Elders that were in my districts back when I was a district leader. I can see they've both improved since I last worked with them, which makes me very happy. I worked with an Elder Brown and we taught a couple named Rob and Michelle who accepted to be Baptised on April 17th! We also spoke with some amazing people and worked hard.
The weekend passed quickly but we were blessed with many miracles. We had an unexpected lesson with a young man named Simon on a bench outside the train station. He accepted to be Baptised and sounded very excited for everything, but sadly we haven't been able to get a hold of him since we taught him! It happens too often that we have a great miracle of teaching someone right there on the street or wherever and then we can't contact them anymore. I keep thinking about how to help our new investigators become more solid.
Anyway, on the flip side we were also able to teach a man named Aaron in the street on Saturday! He is amazing and is very prepared to hear the Gospel. He also accepted to be Baptised and come to Church and everything! He lives in the area just south of ours called South Ribble, they meet in the same chapel. The best part was yesterday when we were walking out of Church the South Ribble ward services were starting and we saw these two Elders we'd given the information to walking into Church with Aaron!! Elder Griffeth and I were grinning from ear to ear!
Church yesterday was good as well (I played the piano again), but none of our investigators came. We haven't been able to get a hold of Wendy for a couple days, and Sudip just didn't come. Please pray for them, that we'll be able to continue teaching them again this week.
Well, that's about it this week. I just want to once again testify to you that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world. He lives this very day and His Atonement can have power in our lives this very day as we repent of our sins. I testify that repentance works. I know that Prayer is powerful and it changes things. God is our loving Heavenly Father and He loves and cares for each of us. We are truely His children. I tesify that through the Prophet Joseph Smith the knowledge of God's plan for our happiness, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, has been restored to the earth; as well as the authority to administer the ordinances of the Gospel. The Book of Mormon is true evidence of this and it is the keystone of this testimony. Living the Gospel is the only path to true and lasting happiness in this life and Eternal Life with our families in the next life. Let us live it!
I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week. Keep up the amazing work. Seek to serve, for that's our Father in Heaven's purpose for us, His saints.
Love,
Elder L. Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment