Date: Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:44 AM
Subject: Re: March on!
Hiya Everyone!
I hope you've all had a great weekend! Ours has gone by very fast! We continue to see amazing miracles that I'm excited to tell you all about.
Thursday we were busy planning for the zone and teaching our investigators, and on Friday we got to go to a meeting with President Bullock and his Assistants at the Mission Home. It was great and I learned a lot. It was all gone before we knew it.
On Saturday we had a meeting with our District Leaders in the zone and it was great to see them. We have a lot of foreign Missionaries in our Mission and one of our District Leaders is French and his companion is Bulgarian! Our other District Leader is from Colorado and his companion is German. In our zone we also have Scottish, Welsh, English, and of course American Missionaries. It's a great zone. Anyway, those meetings were good and it seemed like we've been in meetings every day since I last wrote. But what's happened in between the meetings is what's the most amazing part.
Saturday morning we went to Chorley and taught a wonderful man named Sudip at the Stake Centre there (it's on the Temple site so we were right next to the Temple). We were referred to him by the Mission Office and when we rang him we discovered that he lives in the far boundaries of our area so we had to meet him in Chorley to save time. He is seeking relief and he found it as we taught the Restoration and as he came to Church yesterday. He also accepted to be Baptised on April 10th and we're excited to see him again tonight and give him a calendar describing all the events that will lead to his Baptism. He is a wonderful man who will greatly benefit from the Restored Gospel!
Church yesterday was great as well. Sudip enjoyed it a lot and we also were able to have some Less-Actives and recent converts there as well! Yesterday was Mother's Day for England and it was a great service! I also got to play the piano for Sacrament meeting again and surprised myself playing some hymns I've never really played before!
After Church we were so blessed to teach a wonderful woman named Wendy. A few weeks ago we felt that we needed to go to a certain street to tract. As we tracted we didn't see much success, but one kind man gave me the name and house number of his daughter, Wendy. I really felt the spirit as I spoke with him. We were unable to contact Wendy for a while, but when we did she asked us when we could come and see her. Usually we ask people when we can see them! So after having to reschedule a few times we finally saw her yesterday and it was amazing. As we taught about Joseph Smith and the First Vision she felt the spirit telling her it's true. She accepted to be Baptised on April 10th as well. She explained to us that when we first spoke with her we mentioned finding the truth. Well, she has been searching for the truth for a long time now, going from church to church and never being able to have the hole in her heart filled. At the end of the lesson she was pointing to her heart and talking of how she feels that this is true. We are so excited for her. She even texted us later in the day and told us of how she read and prayed and felt once again that it's all true. We are so excited for her and we're praying for her to come to church and to have strength against the adversary. With great blessings come great responsibility! We'll work hard to ensure that she will receive the blessings of Baptism.
Well, the Church is true. This is the day of miracles. I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ works and that it is the most powerful force on the earth. Through our Faith to live the other principles and ordinances of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ, I testify that we expeience the greatest happiness in our lives, and prepare ourselves to enjoy all of the blessings that our Heavenly Father enjoys. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real. I know that prayer works. I know that the power of the Priesthood is real. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is the keystone of my testimony of all else. I testify that as we read from it and apply it's precepts in our lives we do experience greater faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. The Gospel is true.
I love you all so much. I couldn't do this work without your help and support and prayers and encouragement. Keep up the amazing work. Never forget how good you are, you truely are the salt of the earth. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Elder L. Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment