Monday, September 28, 2009

Sun and rain

Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:22 AM
Subject: Good Weekend

Hello!

Well, right now I can see the sun shining outside the window in the internet cafe and I can also see some dark clouds in the distance. Looks like rain! And I can hear the bells from the Catholic church just outside. England is amazing. The weather is getting a bit colder though. I woke up the other morning and thought it was Christmas. I was just excited though because it was warm inside and colder outside. The leaves are changing as well. I love being here!

Anyway, how is everyone this week? It's great to hear about BYU and school and sports and trips and everything. And especially mission calls. Every time I hear about one I just wish I could do a back flip I'm so happy. Missions are the best thing in the world for 19 year old young men! Keep me posted.

We had a good weekend, except that nobody was at Church on Sunday! It was really disappointing, but there's no use in crying over spilt milk... or investigators who didn't feel the spirit of a Sacrament meeting. We did have 3 come at other times in the meetings, they all missed the Sacrament though. Other than that Church was good though. This ward is amazing, they feel like family to me.

This week we had an amazing new investigator named Farah. She has Musilm ancestors from India, but she was born here in England. She's got a son and lives on her own and she is very prepared! She remembers praying with a friend a few years ago and she felt the spirit and now she wants to get more into it. We're seeing her tonight and we're excited to help her come to Sacrament meeting and accept a Baptismal date before next week! We're starting to find the souls that the Lord has prepared for us. I can see how these people are prepared to hear my testimony, it's amazing. We're still working and hoping and praying for solid new people to teach. Miracles are on the way!

On Saturday we got to help out with a Primary Activity and show the primary children what it's like to be a Missionary. It was a lot of fun, I love teaching people about being a Missionary. Hopefully I'll get to even teach at the MTC there in Provo! Maybe I can even see Zack before he leaves the MTC... probably only if he's learning Japanese though. How does that sound Zack?

President Bullock just let me know in an e-mail this morning that I now have the largest District in the Mission. What a responsibility. I need your prayers. A lot. Miracles are happening already though. The Elders in Middleton had 2 new investigators last night who they dated for Baptism for the 24th of October! And one of the two sets of sisters in Middleton is taking an investigator out teaching with them (also dated for Baptism) and she is doing amazingly well. They also had a new investigator this week who came to Sacrament meeting. He said that in the meeting he felt the same way that he did when they taught him about Joseph Smith! He recognizes the Spirit very well! It sounds like they'll be keeping me busy with Baptismal interviews this transfer! I'm excited. I'm hoping and praying for every single companionship in my District to Baptise this transfer. Your prayers will help us see miracles here! You have already helped me see so many miracles on my mission. I love it!

Please pray for us to have the spirit to be guided to Heavenly Father's prepared children this week. I'm very excited to meet, teach and Baptise these souls. There are so many amazing people in this world, and not enough time to help them all come unto Christ. I've realized recently that this is the best thing that we can do in life. Serve others by inviting them to come unto Christ. I know that He will heal everyone who comes unto Him by having faith in him, repenting, being Baptised, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. The Gospel is true and it has been restored. What a blessing!! The morning truly has broken and the shadows are fleeing. Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is evidence of that. As we have the faith to read this book, I testify that we will gain even greater faith in Jesus Christ which will lead us to live the rest of the Gospel. I love that book, and because of that book I love my Savior more and I know that He loves me. If any of us may wonder about these things, all we need to do is read that book. Even if we may not understand, we must stick with it to the end and the blessings will come. I'm not the kind of Missionary that I am, nor could I ever be, without Jesus Christ and my relationship with Him through the Book of Mormon, Prayer, Church attendance, and His living Prophets. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and I testify that He loves you. He does. He really really does.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week. Keep working hard and seeing miracles. You've all changed already, I can tell. You are amazing sons and daughters of God who have been reserved to come to earth at this time for many important purposes in God's plan. Never forget that each one of us has a crucial part in our Father in Heaven's plan. Thank you for the support and the letters and the prayers, especially the prayers. They are answered and I can feel when someone is praying for me, it's amazing. This work is true. I love you all!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: