Monday, September 7, 2009

Need a little sunshine!

Date: Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:30 AM
Subject: Weekly Letter

Hello!

How is everyone this week? It sounds like things are going well, I hope to keep hearing amazing things from everyone. And how is the weather over there? Last week we woke up one morning to wind and rain, I thought I was on the Isle of Man again! We haven't seen much sun this week and it's a bit depressing, but we manage alright. The spirit keeps us happy!

First I have to tell you how amazing Elder Burnett is. Last night we were walking down a long lane trying to contact a referral. Cars would come down the lane every now and again, and he surprised me and waved one of them down and started talking to them about the Gospel! It was exciting. Nothing good came of the first few, but after a little bit a man stopped thinking we were lost and we got to talk to him for about 5 minutes! It were great, as they say over here. I love working with Elder Burnett.

Yesterday was a great day. All week we've been praying for the zone to achieve 28 souls at Sacrament meeting, and yesterday we reached it! In my district we had 12! I love the Elders and Sisters here, they work so hard and I learn so much from them. In Rochdale we had Harry Wilson and most of the Chiza Family at Sacrament meeting. It was amazing. I love helping people get to Sacrament meeting. Oh and I played the piano for Sacrament meeting again yesterday, it was fun!

On Friday we got to go on exchanges with the Middleton Elders, I went with Elder Rosenberg from Finland (the one I worked with on my birthday a month ago!) and Elder Burnett worked with Elder Hall. It was great and I learned a lot from Elder Rosenberg. I love exchanges, there are so many amazing Missionaries in this mission that I can learn so much from. Elder Rosenberg and I saw miracles and were able to talk with a lot of amazing people and teach some great lessons.

I also exchanged with Elder Neilson for one evening last week and that went well. He's the one who had his appendix taken out. I learned a lot from him as we tracted and got poured on. I love the rain. Elder Neilson is doing well, he and Elder Brown, his new companion, worked a full week this past week and did amazing things. Elder Wheat, Elder Neilsons previous companion, went to Elder Brown's previous area. Lots of crazy things are happening here! It's a lot of fun.

The driving lessons are going well. Last week I got to do a bit more manouvering and things and I'm getting better and better every lesson. Hopefully I'll have a drivng test soon and get my license! I'm excited.

Our investigators are doing very well. Harry Wilson is ready to be Baptised on Saturday and we're very excited for him. Please pray for him to be prepared in every way and for it to go well. We went with the Wilson family to a place called Slattery's this morning. It's a chocolate factory that we went to previously and it was amazing. I had belgian waffles with chocolate sauce and a hot chocolate. I'm a bit sick of chocolate right now though!

The Chiza Family is amazing. We were able to understand better just how they felt about Church last week and we resolved some concerns. Now it's just a matter of helping them accept a Baptismal date! Please pray for that to happen. Miracles are on the way in their lives.

We also recently started teaching a woman named Adele. Last night we taught her and she accepted a Baptismal date! We are very excited for her and now we just need to help her get to Church! Those seem to be the two biggest barriers for people right now, Church and Baptismal Dates!

This week we are hoping to work hard finding new investigators and we're praying for solid new ones. We're really working hard to serve with all our heart might mind and strength so that we can find those who are prepared to be Baptised.

Speaking of Baptism, next week I have the sacred opportunity to interview 4 souls for Baptism. I'm excited for this very spiritual experience. It will be amazing. Please pray for me to have the spirit with me as I do this. Miracles will come!

Anyway, The Church is true! This morning I was studying in Preach My Gospel and I realized that there is a section called learn to recognize the promptings of the spirit. That's so important, to learn to recognize those promptings. It's amazing that that's part of a Mission. They don't just expect us to know it right away, it's something that the Lord needs us to do while we are out here. And of course we do have all the preparation we can get beforehand, but really I've never felt the spirit stronger or more frequently than now. I love it so much. The Holy Ghost really connects us with God. That's why denying it is unforgivable, it's because that's like severing the life-line between us and God. I'm so thankful for this unspeakable gift, the greatest gift of God, the gift of the Holy Ghost. I hope and pray that we will all learn to recognize His promptings even more. The Church is true. Joseph Smith was a Prophet. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Missionary work is true!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week. You are amazing and I testify that your souls are worth so much to God and to myself. I hope and pray above anything else that we all get to return to the presence of God one day. It will happen as we live the Gospel. Keep up the amazing work. I love you so much. Let me know what I can do for you please.

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: