Wednesday, September 23, 2009

God lives and loves us all

Date: Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:03 AM
Subject: Hello!

Hello Everyone!

Well, this morning we were on the way to the Temple and the car broke down! We were going with Harry's Family, the Wilsons, and the car started to... stutter I think I'd call it. It was strange. Anyway, we pulled into a petrol station and rang the AA (Car help people) and they got there in about 5 minutes! It was amazing. I know that it was because we prayed. Today has been a good P-day so far and we're still going to get to play some football with Harry a bit later!

Anyway, we've had a good week. Our investigators are amazing. The Chiza's came to Church on Sunday and really enjoyed it. And we had a great lesson with them the other day. I think they are slowly but surely getting closer and closer to Baptism. They just need a Baptismal date now.

Adele is also doing well, she came to Church on Sunday with her boyfriend, Slavak (he's Polish), and her son. It was great, Adele keeps understanding things better and better and is progressing towards Baptism very well. I'm excited for her to receive the blessings of the Atonement!

We're also working to find new investigators. Please pray for us to have solid new investigators in the next two weeks, as well as our whole district. We're even teaching a man tonight who I'm very excited about. Yesterday when we spoke with him I felt the spirit. It was amazing. The spirit is the best.

Also, on Thursday, I had the wonderful opportunity to interview 4 Baptismal candidates. Abbey, Mariam, T.J., and Sharele all passed and were Baptised last weekend in Middleton. The sisters there are working very hard and I'm glad to have them in my district. Baptismal interviews are a very special experience. I'll tell you more about that another time.

Oh and also at Church on Sunday we got to teach a combined Relief Society/Priesthood lesson about the Recent Convert lessons. It went quickly and it went well. Am I ever thankful for the Holy Ghost! That really is the most important part of teaching in the Gospel. Without it, there can be no real teaching or learning! We also got to sing in Sacrament meeting and that went well. Elder Burnett and I sing well together and there's one of the members who always tells us that we should make a CD when we return to the states. We'll see.

The other two Elders are still in the flat with us, and all 4 of us are staying here for another 6 weeks! We are going to see wonderful things serving here together. Oh and I found out also that my district is expanding again. We're getting two more sisters. Now we have Elders and Sisters from America, Finland, the U.K., Poland, and I'm not sure where else others may be from. We've got a very diverse mission! I'm excited to work with, serve, and learn from so many amazing Missionaries!

The driving is going well also. Yesterday I had another lesson and we did what's called the emergency stop. It's pretty fun but I need to be more firm on the brake. Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to book a practical test soon! Driving in England is amazing. I think the size of the roads and the side I will drive on in about a year is going to really make me feel weird. I like England. A lot.

Anyway, the Gospel is true! I continue to learn and grow so much from the Gospel. My study of the Character of Christ is going very well. I've been finding examples of His Character in the Scriptures, but last week we were blessed with an opportunity to see it in the life of a member. We were at the Church in the middle of a coordination meeting when one members phone rang. He picked it up and we could hear his wife screaming on the other end. His Mum passed away and his wife was taking it kind of hard. I noticed the Character of Christ in this member though. Instead of looking inward and thinking about how sad it would be for him to be without his mother, he looked outward and saw the suffering of his wife and worked to comfort her. He rushed out of the meeting to go comfort her without even shedding a tear or really showing any signs of selfishness. It was amazing. We were able to see him again last night and he is still doing well and staying strong in the Gospel, trusting in the Lord very much. I love the members here, they feel like Family to me. Anyway, I learned a lot from this experience. Never forget how powerful your example is, whether good or bad. The way the Lord comforts us isn't always by removing the trials we have, but rather by giving us someone to comfort and help who is experiencing the same trial that we are. And I know that we are happiest when we look outward in our trials and seek to help those who are experiencing the same difficulties that we are, even if they may seem lesser than our own. I testify, as a representative of the Savior, that all of this is because of Jesus Christ and His perfect, infinite, selfless Atonement. We would be nowhere and we will get nowhere in our lives without that great and last sacrifice. I testify that the way to come unto Christ is by reading in the Book of Mormon, Praying to God in the faith to act, and not just attending Church each week but rather becoming Saints through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know this because I have experienced it. The Gospel is true. Prepare for General Conference. The Savior knows you personally. He knows His apostles and He can tell them what to speak to meet your needs. I testify that this is true again, because it is something that I have experienced in my life. God lives and loves us all.

Well, I'd better get going. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you all so much, I never know where I would be without you. Keep up the amazing work. Exemplify our Savior Jesus Christ and you will be happy. I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: