Date: Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:02 AM
Subject: I Love This Work!
Hello!
How is everyone doing this week? Happy, healthy, and ready to go back to school? I'm excited for you all to go back to school, tell me how it all goes. Miracles come when we work hard and trust in the Lord, whether it be in school or in a job or in the Church!
We've seen miracles this week. Our district had 10 souls come to Sacrament meeting this week! It was all because we all Prayed throughout the week that as a zone we would have at least 20 souls at Sacrament meeting (we got 22 as a zone!) It was amazing, I love this district. We just had District Meeting by the way and it went very well. I learn so much from these great Missionaries every time I work with them. I love the opportunities the Lord has given me to serve, I'm learning a lot from them!
Elder Burnett is amazing as well. Last night he had an experience where he was struggling and things weren't going well and he said a little Prayer. Within a few moments his Prayer was answered and things turned around. I love working with him, he teaches me so much every day!
Just this morning we spoke with nearly everyone on a couple of double-decker buses, it was amazing. I never knew I could do that. And I plan to do it again. I'm really working on bus contacting this week. Anyway, we spoke with some great people, actually they were all great people. Some of them just weren't interested. It's sad to see these people reject the Gospel, but we just do all that we can and then leave it up to them in the end.
This past week we had Zone Conference again, it's crazy how fast they come and go. We went on a historical tour to some of the sites around the Mission. We went first to the Albert Docks in Liverpool where the first Missionaries hopped off the boat and got to work here. It's also where the early emigrants of the Church from England departed. They were amazing people to do that, I'm thankful for them.
We also went to the River Ribble, the Cockpit, the site of the attack of the evil spirits, and the site of President Hinckley's first flat of his Mission; all in Preston. It was amazing to be there again and the spirit was strong. England is amazing.
The last place we went was a small village called Downham (the "h" is silent in British). We met in a small Church of England and sang and talked and had an amazing experience. The spirit was very strong in that village. Joseph Smith once told Heber C. Kimball something about how the ancient Prophets and Apostles must have left their blessings on this country and that he (Heber C. Kimball) experienced some of the blessings of that. That's amazing to me. This land really is blessed and I love serving here even more. It's no accident that I'm serving in this Mission at this time. This is such a Sacred experience.
So Zone Conference is amazing. And next week Elder Bednar is coming to the Mission. It's going to be spectacular. I'm so excited, but we need to prepare for it. We're all praying and preparing for him to come and teach us what Heavenly Father needs us to know. I love the modern day Prophets and Apostles.
Yesterday was probably one of the best days of my Mission. We had most of the Chiza Family come to Church plus one other investigator, I played the piano for Sacrament meeting and played a hymn I've never played before, we got to give a couple of blessings, Kennedy and another recent convert passed the Sacrament, we taught the Young Men's lesson, we had a new investigator, taught a member, and learned why the Sabbath is on Sunday as we taught a 7th-Day Adventist family. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong and it was a great end to a great week!
Our investigators are doing well also. Harry Wilson will be preparing for Baptism here soon so please pray for him to be ready in all things. He's from a great Family and I love them all very much. He's a great young man and I'm excited for him to get the blessings of being Baptized!
We haven't been able to see Contissa recently, but hopefully this week we can help her get to Sacrament meeting and reschedule her Baptismal date. Please pray for these things to happen. Miracles will come into these peoples lives as we pray for them!
We're hoping to teach a man named Derek in the Chapel this week and do everything we can to get him to come to Sacrament meeting. We need to understand his concerns better, it's a difficult thing to do, but with the spirit I know we can do it.
And last week we had some amazing new investigators that I'll have to tell you about later as they start progressing more and more. Thanks for the prayers, they're working!
Well, the Gospel is true. I've recently understood better the great power of Prayer to change our lives. It really does change things. I've seen that this week. Never underestimate the power of a simple little prayer. Always pray when you think you shouldn't. Trust that the Lord will answer your prayers. He will, I know He will. Sometimes we just need enough faith to ask and He will grant it to us. He does love us and He wants to help us, that's His number one desire. He's more like us than we think. He does have feelings. We can make Him sad. We must speak with Him to be happier and to make him happier! Just think about Joseph Smith, if he didn't pray, we wouldn't be where we are today. I'm so thankful that he said that first prayer, and I'm so thankful for all the prayers that are being said in behalf of the people here. These people need it so much. Please keep praying. Pray always! I testify that these things are true.
Anyway, have a great week! I love you all more than I can say in words. I hope the Lord showers blessing after blessing upon you for my service here. He knows and I know that you deserve it. You are all children of God and He loves you. Keep up the amazing work. Please share some stories of how you've seen the Lords hand in your lives in the next e-mail/letter you write! I love you!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment