Thursday, December 11, 2008

Transfer: Isle of Man

Date: Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:55 AM
Subject: Happy Christmas!

Hello!

How is everyone this week? I've got to hurry so this will be short. In a few minutes we're getting a ride from the assistants to Liverpool where we will take the ferry to... The ISLE OF MAN!! I'm so excited, I can't even tell you. I hope to write more either when we get there or next week. I love you all so much!!

Love,

Elder Rowley

from Dalene: Well, at least we know where he is (or will be soon). It's kind of funny, I knew we wouldn't be hearing from him yesterday but it was unsettling not to know where he was. When I woke up this morning I thought "I just need to know where he is." And now I do!

Everyone I know who has been there has told me how much they loved the Isle of Man and how great it would be if Luke could serve there. And he gets to go through Liverpool? (think the Beatles--yeah, that Liverpool.) I know he is a missionary, not a tourist, but that is still just plain cool!

2 comments:

Hildie said...

I have several ancestors from the Isle of Man. Plus my Austrian great grandmother was interned there for several years during WWII (in Port Erin). My mother's written a book about it if you're interested.

The movie "Waking Ned Devine" was filmed entirely on the Isle of Man (even though in the movie they say they're in Ireland.) I have a Manx friend who was there while they were filming. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's great. Plus it gives a real feel for the island.

dalene said...

Thanks Jennie--I know what I'm doing this weekend!