Date: Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 4:44 AM
Subject: Christmas Eve!
Hello everyone!
I'm so excited to get to write to you today! There has been so much happening here, it's crazy! I love it so much though, there is nowhere else on the earth that I would rather be right now than here on the Isle of Man serving with Elder Larsen. I feel at home here. I can't wait for you to see the pictures of our Christmas, there are so many presents for us from you and from the Ward members here. On Sunday we got home and it felt like we had been grocery shopping with all of the bags of presents that we took into the flat. I Love it here so much! I know that this is where I am supposed to be right now.
Well, the last time I wrote you was Saturday so there really isn't too much to write about as far as the work goes. We've been speaking with so many amazing people, the people here are so nice and I'm growing to love them more and more every day. I dread the day when I have to leave the Isle of Man. The conversations we are having with people are incredible, Elder Larsen and I work so well together, the Lord really knew what He was doing when He sent us out here. I feel like Alma and Amulek or something, it's incredible! Other than that we have been teaching our investigator with a Baptismal date and she is just so amazing. She understands the Gospel so well and she is so humble and ready for Baptism. Oh yeah and on Sunday we had our other investigator who was found by our recent convert come to Church! She wasn't feeling too well but she came anyway and from what we hear she really enjoyed it! We're so excited to see her continue to progress in the Gospel. I love the people here! Oh yes and on Monday we got to help out a family remodel their home, it looks like quite the project! We just moved a lot of wood for them but it was so much fun. It reminded me of that summer I worked for Todd Cuell, it made me realize just how far I've come since then! I just love work!
I must say that this island is one of the most beautiful places in the world, even when it's cloudy. The rolling green hills and the coastal views and the sunsets when we see them are all so amazing! I'm still driving and these roads are crazier than the ones I drove on in Shrewsbury! I'm so thankful that the Lord has blessed me to be able to drive over here, it's an incredible experience.
This morning Elder Larsen and I had an amazing study. We've come to understand more and more that the only people holding us back from being our best is ourselves. We must sacrifice all worldly thoughts, words, deeds, and desires if we want to reach our full potential as servants of the Lord. The more we sacrifice, the more we are blessed, and the happier we feel. I love this work so much even though it is the hardest thing I've ever done. It's the greatest though. It really isn't just about coming on a Mission, but about BEING a Missionary that I love so much. Anyway, the Church is true and that right there is amazing. The fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is once again on the earth! Think about it, we get to be part of the last dispensation. We all know that never before have the forces of good and the forces of evil been so well organized. Life is hard. Living the Gospel is hard. But it is worth it. When was anything worthwhile ever easy? Oh how I love this Gospel. What a miracle it is that Jesus is the Christ and that He did suffer and die and was resurrected for our sins, pains, infirmities, sorrows, everything. And because of that we can have all that Heavenly Father has, if we just obey His Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and He loves us so much more than we can know. When we have the spirit with us we can feel a part of that love, and it's incredible. I love the spirit, without it I am dead as a Missionary. I'm so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and I know that He is real. God is our loving Heavenly Father. We can pray to Him anytime, anywhere, anyplace we want. Prayer changes things for the better. I love prayer. I love the Scriptures. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it will change our lives as we read it again and again and again. It makes me so happy because it brings us closer to our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ. Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God and he really does hold all the keys of the Priesthood. I love this Church, and I love being a Missionary!
Well, I hope you'll forgive me for being a bit long-winded with my testimony, but it really has just grown so much since I've been out here. How are your Missionary experiences going? Are you finding people for the Missionaries there to teach? I hope all is going well. Thanks for all of the love and support and strength you give to me, it's incredible. I'm working on reaching my full potential as a Missionary because I know that the Lord needs it, and the people here need it. Will you pray for me to reach my full potential? Miracles will happen here, and I'm so excited for it!
Have a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year! I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment