stormy sea photo courtesy of Mr. TrickettDate: Sat, Dec 20, 2008 at 3:35 AM
Subject: Happy Christmas!
Hello Everyone!
Wow, another Christmas is already here, it's crazy how fast the time flies! How is everyone? Thanks so much for all the love and letters and packages and support, you are all so wonderful! I appreciate it so much and so does the Lord! I have so much to tell you about! The past couple weeks have been some of the busiest and most life-changing weeks of my life. I love change, isn't it fun?
Well, Elder Larsen and I have been working hard here on the Isle of Man and it is so much fun! The other day we taught 4 lessons in a row, it was amazing. We taught the first one to the girlfriend of a recent convert, she is kind of shy but from what we were told by the member that was with us she is taking it all in well. Then our other recent convert who is AMAZING phoned us and said that he's got a friend who wanted to speak with us and we set up an appointment with him and her later that day! The lesson went really well, she is so prepared, and she is excited to learn more. Today we are committing both of them to Baptism! It's really exciting. The other two lessons that day were with another recent convert who is struggling and our investigator with a Baptismal date. Those went really well also.
The ward here is so incredible, they are so supportive! It's as if we are a part of the ward and our callings are ward callings, it's incredible! They are so friendly and kind and we both really feel at home here, it's great.
To be at Zone Conference we had to take the ferry out on Wednesday and then train hop to Preston where we stayed with the Preston Zone Leaders and a couple other Elders there (it's a 4 man flat). It was so fun, we got to go on exchanges with them and they were so nice to us and it just felt like our home away from home (the Isle of Man) away from home (Utah)! Yesterday we did the same thing with the trains and the ferry except that it wasn't so pleasant. On the way over on Wednesday the ferry was rocking almost like a rocking chair. On the way back last night it was like a rodeo bull. It slowly got worse and worse, at first it was fun; but by the time we walked off I wanted to kiss the ground. I went from sitting up straight to slouching to laying down on the bench (it's like a restaurant). And then I pretty much fell on the floor. I was so sick and I'm still recovering. I learned something last night. Never ever ever disobey your Mission President in anything he tells you to do, especially when he says to get motion sickness tablets!! It was a good experience though and I'm glad it happened.
Missionary work is hard and fun. It is true though, and it is the Lord's work. His hand is in this work even right now. I know that Heavenly Father loves us more than we can ever understand. He is mindful of our trials and afflictions and is waiting earnestly to help us, all we need to do is ask for His divine help. I have experienced that so many times in my life but especially here on my Mission. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. The more earnest our prayers the more earnest He blesses us. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it brings us closer to God. I'm so thankful for what Joseph Smith went through to be the instrument of God in restoring this Gospel to the earth. He was a Prophet and Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God today. He knows and sees things we can't, and because of that we must obey him. When we do what the Prophet says we're doing what God says. As we obey the Gospel we are happier. Jesus Christ is really the only way to true and lasting happiness in this life and in the next. He is our Savior. He knows us and all of our pains, trials, temptations, and sicknesses and He knows how to deliver us from them. I love celebrating not only His birth, but His life and death and resurrection as well. We celebrate His birth because of His life. His example really is the best in the world. If we follow Him we will reach our full potential and we will be happy! This message is true and it changes lives! I absolutely LOVE being a Missionary!
Thanks again for all the prayers and love and support, the Lord knows I need it. And I need it because the people here need me. I'm so thankful that I get to serve them. Don't ever forget that they are being blessed for what you do for me. I love you all so much. Keep working hard and having Missionary experiences. I'm still working on Charity, your prayers are much needed and appreciated as I work on developing this Christ-like attribute!
Well, I guess I'd better wrap this up. You'll hear more from me on Wednesday. I Love you!
Love,
Elder Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment