Monday, May 10, 2010

Why I am a missionary

We had to sleep in the room with the other Elders and
Elder McKechnie got sick because we had a water leak
in our bedroom.

Date: Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:02 AM

Subject: Re: Hi again!

Hello Everyone!

How is everything there in the States? Things here are going very well. Today we've got some clouds and some rain, but we're looking forward to hopefully being able to play some football later today! I'm excited.

We've had a pretty successful week and most of our investigators came to Church. Peter was there yesterday and he enjoyed it very much and we also were able to start teaching Naghma again recently and she came as well. Tanya and Carla didn't make it though and we'll have to teach them about the importance of Church. It was a very good day though, in Gospel Principles we had 11 different nationalities present! This area and ward is so diverse, I love it!

Also yesterday we saw a miracle in town centre. We were street contacting in the same area that President Hinckley did when he was here and I'm sure many other Missionaries have worked there before as well, but we were hoping to be able to teach a new investigator. We prayed for it and sure enough, we got into town centre and saw a man who we'd scheduled an appointment with previously sitting on a bench. We invited him to be taught right there and he accepted and became a new investigator! It's exciting to see so many miracles!

That's about it for this week. Elder McKechnie was ill earlier in the week so not much happened then. Our investigators are doing well and our zone is doing pretty well and it's just great to be a Missionary. I am so happy serving the Lord here and I know that this work is true. Jesus is the Christ. Through his Atonement we can overcome death and hell and return to live with God. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true and it's been restored. The Book of Mormon is true evidence of this. It is the most powerful tool in conversion, whether it be our own or the conversion of a loved one or even just someone we meet on the street. It truly is the iron rod that will lead us along the Gospel path back to ultimate peace and happiness with our families and Savior and Father in Heaven in the Celestial kingdom. This is our ultimate goal, to get there and to take as many people there as possible. This is why I am a Missionary!

Well, I love you all so much. I'm always amazed at your example and love and support and prayers and everything else you do for me and so many other people. Keep up that amazing work of the Savior. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder L. Rowley

No comments: