Date: Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Hello Everyone!
I hope you're having a great week. Ours has been amazing and very fast. The weather has been nice as well, almost too nice. We've all got tans on our collars where our shirts are because it's been hot and sunny recently. Today has broken the trend though and it's been raining on and off all day long. I love the weather of England!
Well, I suppose the biggest news here is that Preston now has a Chinese Missionary in it! Elder Llaguno (the one I trained on the Isle of Man about a year ago) is currently training Elder Jin from China. He is amazing, I've only talked with him a little bit though. I'm excited to get to know him more. He will help Preston a lot with teaching and hopefully also Baptising much of the Chinese population here. Also, Elder McKechnie and I will be serving together another transfer, we're both staying here in Preston! I'm so excited.
We've seen so many miracles in the past week. On Tuesday we went with Elders Llaguno and Dittmer to Lancaster, an area in our zone, to do some finding for the Sisters there. Elder Llaguno and I got to work together again and we taught 3 people on the street! It was amazing. It was almost just one right after another!
Our investigators are doing well. Peter will be Baptised in the beginning of June, he was sick on Sunday so he didn't come to Church. Naghma is still accepting commitments and coming to Church and seems to be progressing well, and the rest of our investigators aren't progressing. We did have a nice miracle at Church on Sunday when an investigator that Elder Griffeth and I taught on Elder Griffeth's last day came to Church on Sunday! We're hopefully seeing him and a friend of his tonight and I'll let you know of his progress. The miracles never cease.
Saturday was an interesting day. We had a very successful day and even were blessed to find and teach two new investigators on the street! It was amazing. The interesting part was in the evening; we were walking to an appointment and Elder McKechnie got bit in the leg by a dog. No need to worry at all, he's fine and it wasn't even that bad really. The crazy part was that we had to go to the hospital and have it checked out so Elder McKechnie doesn't get sick or anything and we were there pretty late in the evening. Hospitals are interesting places, that's all I have to say about that.
And the latest miracle we've seen recently was last night. We got to teach an amazing Chinese man that Elder McKechnie spoke with in town centre on Sunday afternoon. He accepted the Book of Mormon and Baptism and is preparing to be Baptised also. He's very sincere. The best part is that we now have the help of Elder Jin to help him progress to Baptism! I'm very excited to see what will happen with this in the next few weeks!
Well, the Church is true. The Savior lives. His Gospel is a precious gift that He's given to us and we need to use that gift. It makes Him happy when we use it to repent and improve ourselves and also when we share it with others. This is how I've found we can take care of this great gift and please our Savior. I know this is true because I've felt that He's been pleased with me as I've done these things. I know that this works in all of our lives. The Savior lives and loves each of us. His Atonement is real and it can change our lives daily.
I love you all so much. Thanks again for all you do for me and I hope you have a wonderful week. Keep up the amazing work!
Love,
Elder L. Rowley

Elder McKechnie, the victim of the dog bite.
No comments:
Post a Comment