Elders McKechnie and Rowley in the Meriva.
Subject: Re: Hello!
Hello Everyone!
How's your week been? Ours has been good and miraculous as always. The weather keeps warming up and right now its sunny outside and very warm here in the Library.
The greatest miracle was yesterday at Church. Peter, Naghma, Tanya, and Carla all came to Church and enjoyed it very much! The members were good to them as well and we're excited to help them all progress towards being Baptised. Thank you for your faith to pray for them to come, it worked! Faith truly does precede the miracle! The other miracle is that our zone also did well, we had 17 investigators at Sacrament meeting around the zone and that hasn't happened in nearly a year!
Tuesday we were blessed with two new investigators. One was Chinese but sadly doesn't want to learn more. She does have a copy of the Book of Mormon in Chinese though so the seed has been planted. The other one was found on the way out of that lesson. We were headed to the car and our time in the car park was up so we were in a bit of a hurry so we wouldn't get a ticket, but there was a man sitting on a bench nearby that was watching us. He got up from the bench and walked closer to where we were parked and I felt a prompting to speak with him. So I did and we ended up teaching him right there and he also accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and said he would read it! It was amazing. As we listen to the promptings of the spirit, the Lord truly leads us to prepared people!
The next day we had a good interviews and training meeting, we got to train our zone on helping investigators keep commitments and it went well. That evening we went on exchanges with the AP's and it was amazing. As we were walking into our apartment complex (it's been converted from a mill into flats) Elder Ridley, who I was with, spoke to a man named Eugene who we got to walk with to his flat and teach him right there. As we taught about Joseph Smith we asked how he felt and he talked about a burning sensation in his chest. It was amazing and the spirit was very strong then and throughout the whole lesson. We're seeing him again this week and I'll update you on his progress. We also taught a Romanian woman and her son who are amazing but have already stopped taking lessons. They also have the Book of Mormon though, so the seed is planted there as well! I love giving away copies of the Book of Mormon, it's one of my favorite parts of Missionary work!
On Saturday a man named Arran McCorquodale was Baptised. Elder Griffeth and I found and taught him in Preston town centre a couple months ago and he's progressed well ever since. I'm excited for him to be a member now!
Well, it's been a great week. It feels amazing to be a Missionary. I can't even tell you how much I've come to love everything we do. From waking up at 6:30 and exercising to studying for two hours every morning to teaching and finding and Baptising and doing trainings and everything. The spirit is always here in this work. It makes me so happy. There really isn't anywhere else I'd rather be right now. It's all possible because of the Spirit and because of the truthfulness of the Gospel. This Gospel we preach is true and I know that Joseph Smith was the true Prophet of God who restored it. The Church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It's the iron rod that leads back to God's presence. Jesus Christ is truly our Savior and Redeemer and changes our lives as we live His Gospel. We are so blessed to have all that we have.
Thank you once again for the love and support and prayers and everything you do. I truly couldn't do this without your help.
Keep up the incredible work. Have a wonderful week!! I love you!
- Elder L. Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment