Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 4:21 AM
Subject: Happy Independence Day!
Hello!
How is everyone this week? I'm so happy to have so many e-mails to read this week! Being a Missionary is the best thing in the world. Happy 4th of July by the way!
It felt different being here for Independence Day, especially because we beat this country to gain that independence! We had a good fourth of July though, it was really busy. In the morning we went up to Littleborough to try by some people and then we had to go to Middleton, the other area in my District, for a District Leaders Council. It was amazing, Elder Hastings, Elder Larson, and me (the District Leaders of our Zone), met with Elder Pimintel and Elder Eichelberger, the Zone Leaders in the zone. We sought inspiration on the zone focus for the transfer and it was incredible, the spirit was so strong. Our zone focus is on being pure in heart, and I'm excited. It was great to be there. In the afternoon and evening we spent more time in Littleborough visiting a member for Tea and then a less-active Family, then we visited another less-active Family in Rochdale. It was great. We hardly had time to celebrate, but in the morning we did sing the Star Spangled Banner! Francis Scott Key would have been proud. It's such a great blessing to be free!!
Last week we had a new investigator named Patrick. He's an older Irish man and he's really funny. In one of the lessons with him we prayed for Michael Jackson and he gave us a hug. He always wears this t-shirt with Mr. T on it, it's hilarious. We love him already, and he came to church on sunday! We started teaching him last week and already he's got a goal of being Baptised on the 8th of August!! We're excited for him.
Kennedy is doing well, tonight we're taking him to a members home for a lesson and it will be great! He was really fellowshipped well by the ward yesterday at Church and he's starting to fit in really well. The prayers are working! He will be ready to be Baptised on the 18th, I'm so excited for him!
Kirsty is doing well, it's going kind of slow right now because her and Simon are waiting to be able to get married. The ward is working closely with them to help them out and we're excited to see what will happen. Last week Kirsty wasn't feeling well and didn't want to come to church, but Simon surprised her and made her come and she was glad for that. He's doing so well! I love to see the change in people that comes as they experience the power of the Atonement!
Speaking of the ward, they are so helpful! Bishop Hoyle is the bishop of the Rochdale ward, and he works so hard for everyone, it's great. And they help us with appointments and they feed us and it's like being at home. I couldn't ask for more! We're starting to work with the Littleborough ward more, although there isn't as much work to do in Littleborough. Hopefully this week we'll get to know all of the members through dinner appointments! I love working with these people here. Oh yeah and speaking of the two wards, Elder Winward and I split yesterday. I went to Rochdale and he went to Littleborough and we set up a lot of really good things for this week- splits, dinner appointments, investigator lessons in members homes, everything! It's wonderful, yesterday was a great day!
Well, I guess I'd better tell you about my District. Actually it's the Lord's District. Wow that's pretty amazing. Anyway, they are so amazing. We have Elder Rosenberg from Finland, serving with Elder Hall from South England. And then we have Sister Johnson from Utah I think, serving with Sister Schmidt from Orem (I believe. I know that she went to Mountain View High School). Last week they did some amazing things and I'm so happy with their work. Tomorrow is our first District Meeting, please pray for me to communicate what Heavenly Father needs these Elders and Sisters to know and what skills they need to develop. I love serving them already, it's such an amazing experience! I'll still need your prayers for confidence, they are working miracles!!
Anyway, the Church is true! Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I love Him so much. I love seeing His name over my heart every single day. Being a representative of Him is the best thing in the world. I testify that He loves us more than we comprehend. But we can feel of that love, and the power of His infinite Atonement, as we live His Gospel. And the miracle is that Gospel is simple. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, The Gift of the Holy Ghost, and Enduring to the End. This is how we experience the blessings of the Atonement and this is how we help others experience it as well. I testify that Christ is always available to help us, we just need to live these principles. He wants to help us and He can. Our Heavenly Father loves us, if He didn't He wouldn't have sent His Only Begotten Son for us. Everything about this life is better because of Christ. Because of Him we can pray and our prayers will reach Heavenly Father. Because of Him we can find peace and happiness in this world that is tearing itself apart. Because of Him our families can be together forever. I testify that He loves us and He wants you to feel of that love through the Holy Ghost as we live His Gospel. The restoration is true. The Book of Mormon is true. The plan of Salvation is true. Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God. And I know all of this because I've read and prayed about the Book of Mormon, and I know that we can all gain that knowledge for ourselves. The Church is true, what else matters? I love this Gospel and I love being a messenger of it!
Well, have a wonderful week! I love you all so much. Thank you for everything that you do for me, Heavenly Father knows I need it. You answer many of my prayers. Keep up the amazing work and keep the Missionary work going! I love you.
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment