Monday, July 27, 2009

Date: Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:21 AM
Subject: Happy Pioneer Day!

Hiya Everyone!

How is everyone this week? Are you surviving the heat over there? Maybe I'll send some rain your way this week. This morning we were doing our studies and it started pouring and about 3 minutes later it stopped. It does that quite often, and we're blessed that we don't get caught out in it!

Anyway, as for us, we're doing great! Last week was amazing. This work is tough, but the rewards are just so much more spectacular. I love it. We're seeing miracles all over the place!

Last week we had our District Activity here in Rochdale. We all brought food and watched "Special Witnesses of Christ", it was powerful and I think everyone enjoyed it. I sure wouldn't be able to lead this district without the Lord's help! I love being District Leader, I get to hear so many Missionary miracles every single night as I speak with the Elders and Sisters on the phone! This work is amazing!

On Wednesday we had our interviews and training and it was great! I love training, I always learn so much and it makes things go so much better in the work. President Bullock is an amazing man, I hope you all get to meet him someday.

Anyway, after our training and everything we got to go on exchanges with the Assistants. And I got to go with Elder Ayers!! It was just like old times except that the both of us have improved skills and confidence and the mission has brought us so many amazing new tools to work more effectively. It was great to evaluate and see just how far we both have come. We saw so many miracles. Things didn't really go well at first, our first two appointments fell through. But for the last one we exercised our faith and saw a miracle. We were able to teach an amazing African man named Solomon! We followed the training we learned earlier in the day perfectly, and the spirit was very strong as we taught. Elder Ayers is an amazing Missionary, he's helping me a lot to develop my skills as a Missionary. It was great to work with him again!

The only disappointment about what happened on Wednesday is that we haven't been able to see Solomon since then... he didn't come to church and we ring and knock on his door and we get nothing. It's sad. Please pray for him, we need a miracle! He also has a wife and they just recently had a child. Oh and they're from Ghana by the way. We're really hoping that we can see them again.

We're hoping and praying that things will work out for Patrick as well.

Kirsty hasn't been at church in a few weeks and we're worried about her. Please pray for her and Simon. I think that your prayers really make all the difference in the lives of these people. Recently I haven't been as diligent at telling you about them, and I can see the effect in their lives. Anyway, yesterday we saw Kirsty and Simon again and they plan to get back on track this week. We're also getting some members to work with us. Amazing things are going to happen.

We had a new investigator a couple weeks ago named Jason. He needs your prayers as well. He already loves the Book of Mormon, he's very receptive to the spirit, and he quit smoking not too long after we first spoke with him! Last week we gave him the 22 of August to work towards for Baptism, but we didn't see him at church yesterday... he needs to come but we think he's just a bit scared. He also beats himself up quite a bit. He reminds me a lot of myself. I know that I'm supposed to be here at this time.

Jaime is doing well also, but she also didn't come to church yesterday! Please pray for her Mum, Gayle, to soften her heart and let Jaime be Baptised, that's the only thing holding her back right now! She's already got Preach My Gospel, she went to the MTC with the youth the other week and signed a pledge to serve a mission! We're having her read in Preach My Gospel and it's pretty exciting. She's doing well.

We did see a lot of miracles at church yesterday, even if investigator attendance was minimal. Kennedy received the Aaronic Priesthood and I got to participate in that! He's doing great by the way, we're hoping to get him out teaching with us soon. Then in Gospel Principles a part-member Family came in in the middle of the class. It made me so happy to see them, and after the class the young 11-year old boy, Harry, told us that he wants to be Baptised! We're excited for him. Then after church we were able to give a blessing to an older member who we see weekly. It felt so good. Oh and I was blessed to overcome my fears and speak with many of the ward members after church, whereas before I was scared of them and didn't get much done after church on Sunday! It's all through the prayer of faith that miracles happen!

The work here is going well. This week I'm taking my Theory Test for my U.K. Driving license and then I'll continue with the lessons. Please pray for me to pass. I'm excited to get to drive over here again one day. I know I can pass if I have the Lord's help! Your prayers are much appreciated.

Anyway, the Gospel is true! Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I testify that He lives and loves us and knows us all individually. Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is evidence of that, and it's the keystone of my testimony of this Gospel. I know that anyone can gain or strengthen their own testimony by reading that sacred book. I've seen that here and it's miraculous. I love the spirit, I feel it every single day. Being a Missionary is the best! I'm learning and growing in so many ways and I love it so much. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. He is anxious to bless us and He will if we ask. I love Him and I know that He loves us individually. Study the Scriptures and Pray every day and go to church every week to get to know Him better, I testify that our lives will improve if we continue to do these things.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful week and keep up the amazing work! Don't ever forget that the people here are blessed for all you've done for me! Look for Missionary opportunities. Pray for them. And let me know how it goes. I love you all! Thanks again for everything you do for me, I couldn't do this work without your help! You are the answers to many of my prayers.

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: