Date: Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:28 AM
Subject: Happy July!
Hello Everyone!
How's your week going? How's the Missionary work in Provo going? I love hearing about some of your Missionary experiences. We're really working on member work as a Mission and I can just feel that miracles are going to happen! Being a Missionary is the best!
We've had a great week and we've been really busy. Yesterday we both spoke in the Littleborough Sacrament meeting, it was good, we hope to help them have Missionary experiences this week. They are great people and they help us out so much. Yesterday afternoon we went to a Family in Littleborough for dinner and it was great food and the spirit was strong in their home and one of their sons came out to see Jaime (investigator) with us afterwards. It all went so well.
Speaking of Jaime she is doing well. I think I told you about her but I'll tell you again anyway. Jaime spoke with the Missionaries in Littleborough before us and actually asked to be taught! She's only about 16, but she's already very spiritually mature and keeps commitments very well. Her Mum isn't very supportive of her being Baptised, but we're praying for her to soften her heart and we're hoping we can give Jaime's a Baptismal date soon. It's really exciting. Please pray for Jaime's Mum though, she needs her heart softened.
Also in the Littleborough ward we had a Missionary reach out/fellowship night last Tuesday. We went out with some members to visit less-actives and yesterday one of them who hadn't been to church in about 5 years came to church! And she wants to have us over for dinner this week. It's amazing. I love to see miracles. And it all comes because of faith!
Rochdale is doing well. Kennedy is ready for his Baptism this Saturday! And the night before the ward is having an African Cultural Night, it's great! It'll be a big weekend for the Rochdale ward. Kennedy surprised us last week with his understanding of Joseph Smith. He pretty much taught us everything we normally teach investigators about Joseph Smith! His understanding is amazing! It truly is another miracle. We saw a lot of miracles last week, I just realized that!
Patrick is doing well also. He's working on living the Word of Wisdom right now and he's doing well. His understanding is very basic, but he feels the spirit. Every time we identify the spirit with him he says "I feel beautiful!" It's great. I love Patrick, he's so funny. We're so blessed to work with so many amazing people.
On Wednesday last week I got to go to the Mission Home with Elder Larson and Elder Hastings and all of the other District Leaders in the Mission. We were trained on how to be good District Leaders and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much! It feels like the Temple in the Mission Home. The home really can become like the Temple. I love having a Sacred Mission President! Anyway, that was a big highlight of last week and I'm still being blessed with the training we received. Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies!
Well, the Church is true. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. Scripture Study, Prayer, and Church will build our lives upon the rock of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. Without Him we would be lost forever. Because of Him we can experience all of the blessings that God has available to us. I testify that any and every blessing we receive from God is made possible through the Atonement of Christ. And the greatest blessing of the Atonement in this life is the Gift of the Holy Ghost, which comes as we live the Gospel. The Gospel is simple and it is true and it has been restored by God. I know that this is true and it has blessed my life every single day I've lived. I love being a Missionary, my testimony has increased so much. This work is true!
Anyway, have a wonderful week. Keep up the amazing work. We really are a light on a hill. We can't hide the light of Christ that is within us. We must share it with others. And as we do we will be happier. I love you all, thanks again and again for everything you do, I can't thank you enough! Remember that the people here are blessed for all that you do for me! I love you!!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment