Monday, July 27, 2009

Charity brings miracles

Date: Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 6:03 AM
Subject: Hiya!

Hiya Everyone!

How's your week been so far? Are you enjoying the sunshine? It's been wet over here again, no surprise. We have had a lot of teaching opportunities though, so we've spent a lot more time indoors! I love the people here, it's great to get to spend so much time with them.

We've had a great week, many good things have happened! On Tuesday we went on exchanges with the Elders in Middleton (it's not too far outside Manchester and not too far away from us as well). It was a lot of fun, I got to go with Elder Hall and he taught me a lot! At one point we were tracting and there were some little kids asking what we were doing. I found out that one of them was named Kyle and he was 10! That made my day. Anyway, I gave them some cards and they ripped them up and started saying some not very nice things, it was sad. At that point one of them who was maybe 4 or 5 hit himself in the head with a metal rod he was holding and started to cry. I just walked over to him and asked if he was alright and made sure he was okay. After that they all went off for a little bit and we knocked on some more doors. A minute or two later they came back and started asking us questions and saying that we were nice men and everything and it was amazing! We got to teach them a little bit, but I don't know how much they'll remember. I know that they will remember how we made them feel though. It was great. Charity brings miracles!

That was a great experience, but just after that we were sitting at the bus stop waiting for the bus to come when some young lads pulled up and stopped right in front of us in the middle of the street. Before I knew what was happening one of them threw something out the window, which hit me in the chest then cracked on the ground... it was an egg! It was a miracle that it didn't break on me, and Elder Hall and I just laughed when it happened. I love seeing miracles, the Lord definitely protects His Missionaries!!

Anyway, on Wednesday we had African food again. We ate with our hands this time and it was amazing! We had Shima (it's kind of like potatoes but a lot better) with a vegetable sauce and Tilapia. We got some pictures, I'll have to show you later. It was amazing, it made me so happy! The family we had it with is called the Mwamba's, they're amazing.

On Thursday we had Zone Conference and it was spectacular. The Mission continues to move forward! I love the leadership of President Bullock, he truly is inspired! He works so hard for us, and we are so blessed for what he does. I learned a lot in Zone Conference, the spirit was very strong, and I'm still being blessed for what I learned! Oh and Elder Winward and I got to sing the EFY Medley with some other Missionaries, it were great!!

Friday was the African Cultural Night, and although we only got to go for a little bit, it was a big success! Many of our investigators and less-actives and recent converts got to go and we keep hearing good things about it!

After the African Night we got to go on exchanges again, this time with Elder Eichelberger and Elder Pimintel, our Zone Leaders. It was amazing, I got to go with Elder Pimintel and we had a lot of great experiences. On Saturday morning we were able to seen an investigator named Stephanie who we haven't been able to see in a while and the spirit was very strong as we taught about the Atonement. Then we got to see Kennedy and finish up his teaching before his Baptism. In the afternoon we saw Jaime again and she's doing great. Please pray for her Mum to soften her heart, she still won't let Jaime accept a Baptismal date. Jaime is really looking forward to Baptism, and we're excited to know that she will be Baptised one day.

Also on Saturday Kennedy was Baptised! It all went well except that I got to play the piano for it again. I should've been more diligent in practicing! It went well though, the spirit was strong and Kennedy felt it! He is going to make a great member of the Rochdale ward. The ward is already fellowshipping him very well, they help us out so much!

Well, I guess that's about it. I love you all so much, I can't even tell you. It makes me so happy every time I hear a story of another one of you that has been blessed while I've been out here. I couldn't do this without you, so some of the blessings of my service are yours. Thank you for all that you do. The Church is true and I know it. God does live, He's watching over us right now. He breathes, walks, talks, and does mostly everything we do. He really is our Father, and we are closer to Him than we sometimes think. He is anxious to bless us, that's what He's always thinking about. All that He commands us is for our benefit; and if we don't receive blessings, it's our fault, not His. He loves all of His children and wants them to have the blessings of the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ. That sacrifice is real and the blessings are real. They are ours as long as we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And all of God's spirit children can experience these blessings as we share the Gospel with them. I testify that the Holy Ghost really is God's greatest gift to us here in this life. I feel it every single day and it makes me so happy! It is real and it is true. What a blessing it is to have that great gift. I just hope and pray that we do all that we can to help our other brothers and sisters have it as well. I hope we won't be selfish with it, but rather that we will share our testimony, let them feel it, and invite them to gain a testimony of their own. The Restoration is true, Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God. I love him and the work that he did. Prayer works and changes things, just look at what Joseph Smith did and you can see that. Don't ever disbelieve that. It's true. I know all of this because I've read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. And I know that we all can know it even better as we continue to read from that sacred book and pray to our Father in Heaven to know of it's truth. Keep living the Gospel, it's always worth it!! I love this work!

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week. Don't forget that the people here continue to be blessed because of all that you've done for me. Share your testimonies with each other and with those who don't have the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Keep up the amazing work! I love you!!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: