Monday, June 1, 2009

Don't forget to write!

Date: Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 4:47 AM
Subject: Hello!

Hello again Everyone!

What a crazy week it's been! I'm standing up in the mac store here in Manchester (the e-mail places in Rochdale aren't reliable at all). We've had to take the train here this morning to get our e-mailing done, it's been pretty fun! I love all of the adventures I'm having over here in England!

So how is everybody anyway? Enjoying the hot June weather?! We sure are. I've been wearing short-sleeved shirts for the past few days now, it's been so hot! It hasn't rained in a little while as well, that'll probably end in the next couple days! Anyway, I'm still loving Rochdale and I'm getting to know it and the people of it better and better every day.

I suppose that the biggest news of the week is that we had a Baptism on Saturday! 11-year old Loma Major was Baptised and it was amazing. Her Family all came which is great because they are kind of less-active. She also has a brother who was Baptised last month, so they will both be a great strength to their Family! The service went well and I was blessed with the opportunity of playing the piano for it! I should have learned the hymns better when I had the chance! It went well though. I also got to speak which I enjoyed as well. I'm so excited for Loma, she will make a great member of the Rochdale ward!

Our other investigators are doing very well. Vicky is still ready to be Baptised in a couple weeks on June 14 and is doing well in everything. She is so enthusiastic about everything, I love it! She's such a good example to everyone. Also Jamie is doing well with everything and is still ready to be Baptised on June 20. At Loma's Baptism he got excited and planned out his Baptismal service! It reminded me of myself when I was getting ready to turn in my Mission papers! He is a great young man and is also a great example to us all! Sadly, we haven't been able to teach the Fijian gentleman we have dated for Baptism on Independence Day at all since we saw him last week. Hopefully we can see him again soon. For Vicky pray that she will be ready for the 14th and that her Family in Africa will accept the Gospel also. For Jamie pray for him to have strength against temptation and be ready for the 20th. For Bau pray for him to be strong against the opposition that he is facing. Thank you for praying for our investigators, it truly brings to pass miracles here! Prayer works and changes things.

We still have so many other investigators that I simply don't have time to tell you about. I half expect that they will split this area soon and have another companionship here. We'll see. Hopefully over the next several weeks I will be able to tell you about all of the amazing people we're teaching.

Last week we were fed every single day except Monday and Saturday and it was amazing! The members here take such great care of us and our investigators, I'm so thankful for them. Never underestimate the great blessings that you can be to the Missionaries there! I think that my favorite dinner appointment we had was last night with the Spragg Family. They are amazing and they both (the parents) have amazing conversion stories that I'll have to tell you about another time. Brother Spragg has done Missionary work for us here, street contacting people and speaking with them on the bus and so many things. I believe that his efforts are a big part of why the work here is going so well. Again, you can be such a blessings to the Missionaries there, never forget that.

I don't know if I told you last week but we got to go to the Temple last P-day and it was amazing. I really needed it. I know that the blessings of the Temple are real and powerful and I'm so thankful for them. It did feel a bit strange to be back in Chorley though, it felt like I was going back home or something. I'm feeling more and more at home here every day, I love it!

Well, this e-mail is getting very long and that is only about half of my experiences in the past week. This work is so amazing and I love it so much. I know that the Church is true and that Jesus Christ is at it's head. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, never doubt that! It will change our lives every single time we read that, I'm a living testimony of that. Never underestimate the power of the word of God. Study it, Pray daily, and attend Church every single week and you will be built on the foundation of Jesus Christ. Remember Helaman 5:12? Satan will do everything he can to destroy us, and if we do these three simple things then we will not fall when he tempts us. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God on the earth today. I'm so thankful to have living scripture. Listen to his words, we need them more than we know. Study the General Conference talks, they will change our lives as we give heed to the words of the living Prophets and Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and that He died for every single one of us. The Church is true, without a shadow of a doubt, the Church is true!!

Anyway, have a wonderful week, I love you all so much. Your prayers are much needed, in my behalf and in behalf of those I teach and serve here in England. Being a Missionary is the best. Don't forget to write. Please. Thanks again for everything, keep up the great work! I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: