Monday, June 15, 2009

Another baptism!

Date: Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:12 AM
Subject: Backwards Weather?

Hello!

How is everyone? It sounds like our weather has been flip-flopped! We're getting sunshine here right now, and have been a lot for the past few weeks! What a blessing. I think it rained twice last week... or at least twice that we got caught in. We have had so many appointments since I've been here, it's crazy!

Last week we taught 23 lessons! It was pretty crazy and busy. We have so many appointments. I'm sure blessed to have a diligent companion. We were so busy that we even had to go on splits with the members! I went with a ward Missionary named Paul and we had a good time. It felt weird being on the Missionary side of things instead of the member, time goes so fast. Anyway, then later in the week we took the Elders we live with on exchanges for a little while and it went well. We are so busy!

Yesterday was amazing, Vicky was Baptised! The service went well, I got to conduct the music, it made me thankful for being in choir all those years! Everything went as planned, except that we couldn't get the boiler working so the font was cold! The spirit kept Vicky and Nigel, the man who Baptised her, warm. And we're excited because last week we were able to send in the details of Vicky's husband in Nigeria so the Missionaries there can start teaching him! I'm excited for Vicky and her whole family!

Our other investigators are doing well. Jamie McKeon is still going strong and is such an inspiration to us. I learn something from him every time we meet with him. He has such a strong faith in the Savior. As for our other investigators, we haven't been able to teach Bau since we gave him a Baptismal date to work towards. We're hoping and praying to find new investigators this week, so your prayers for that will be much appreciated. I know that we will see miracles as we all exercise our faith in behalf of the people of Rochdale!

Last week I got to go to my first Interviews and Training meeting since December when I went to the Isle of Man. It's like a mini Zone Conference where President Bullock interviews all of us and we receive training from him and the assistants. It was great to work with Elder Ayers again, I'm so blessed to have been trained by him. Anyway, they gave us some great training on teaching the Restoration. It was really powerful, the spirit was very strong as we used the tools and skills they helped us to practice and develop! I'll tell you more about that later.

Well, I guess that's about it for this week. I love being a Missionary, I will miss it so much when I'm done. This work is true and it has power to bring great blessings into our lives. I'm learning so much about the Gospel, myself, people, the world, everything. I love it so much. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! We've been talking a lot about being a Sacred Missionary in the Mission recently, and I've really enjoyed it. I've realized, and I want you to know, that we have a Sacred Mission President here in the England Manchester Mission. He is one of a kind. I really could see him being a General Authority one day!

Anyway, the Gospel is true! Nothing else matters as much as the Gospel. The most important thing that ever happened in the world is the Atonement. The day that Christ was resurrected was the best day in the world. The second was the day that Joseph Smith first stepped into that grove of trees that we now call sacred, and prayed. The Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is sacred and it is the second most important event in history. I know that it is true. Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and I love him for that. I'm excited for the day I will get to give him a big hug and thank him for all that he has done for us. Even more than that I'm looking forward to giving the Savior a big hug. I studied Elder Holland's talk from Conference about the Atonement this morning. That talk is powerful and it is true. I exhort us all to study it, as well as all of the General Conference talks. The living Prophets and Apostles of this Church are true and their power is real. They are inspired, if we listen to their counsel then we will be blessed. It's such a blessing to have a living Prophet of God on the earth today! The power of the Atonement is real though, and it has blessed my life so much, and continues to do so every single day as I live the gospel.

Well, have a wonderful week! Thank you again for all that you do for me, I cannot say it enough. You are such a blessing to me and to the people here who I get to serve. Keep up the amazing work, never give up on living the Gospel, and keep reading the Book of Mormon! I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: