Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:45 AM
Subject: Crazy Week...
Hello Family!
How are you this week? How's the weather? I hope things are going well and that you are all enjoying the summer! Warm weather is great!
Well, our week was really up and down. It started off really strong and then in the middle of the week we got some disturbing news and had to drop an investigator. I'll tell you more about it later, but nearly everything fell through on Friday and Saturday, it was pretty crazy. I love trials though, we can always look back knowing we've grown because of it. The Lord really does consecrate our trials for our gain!
In other news, Vicky was confirmed yesterday! The spirit was strong and she is going to make such an amazing addition to the ward here. At least until she goes back to Nigeria in a couple months. Also yesterday we had another African investigator, Kennedy, come to church for the first time! He's scheduled to be baptised on July 11th and we are very excited for him. There is a bit of a language barrier there, and we're hoping to be able to understand better what he is experiencing. And on top of that Kirsty came with her partner! I don't remember if I told you about her or not. I'll tell you anyway. She was taught before and her partner (Simon, who was a less-active) put the brakes on it. When we recently started teaching her again she was receiving some intense opposition from him. But last week she said that miraculously he's had a change of heart and has decided to come to church and get the Priesthood and turn things around!! We're so excited for the both of them.
Also this week we had a few new investigators!! We had a very sacred experience with a father and son named Roland and Danny. Danny was referred to us by the Mission Office, and we've started teaching him and his father. Anyway, we taught them the Restoration and the spirit was very very strong, I wish you could have been there. I love the new training we've received on teaching the restoration, it works miracles! The leaders in this mission are truly inspired! Anyway, at the end of the lesson Danny told us that he knows that the First Vision is true!! We're excited to see them progress and receive of the blessings of the Atonement through the Restored Gospel!
Happy Father's Day by the way!! Yesterday in Sacrament meeting all of the primary children sang and talked about their Dad's and it was really great. I was smiling and laughing the whole time. I love the ward here, again, I feel like I'm at home. They take such great care of us! This week we again have dinner appointments every night but the weekend! It's exciting, but my cheeks are going to get even chubbier.
I guess one more thing I can tell you about Rochdale is that there is a very large Muslim population here. We aren't really allowed to teach Muslims right now because the First Presidency said so, but I'm really enjoying seeing so many different cultures.
Well, the Church is true. My testimony of it grows everyday and I'm so thankful for that. I know without a doubt that Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God. The Book of Mormon is evidence of that. Jesus Christ truly is our Savior. We should never doubt His matchless power to heal us as we repent. We receive of the blessings of the Atonement as we live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Our job now that we have entered into the path is to continue on the path and invite others to experience these blessings for themselves. The world needs these blessings. I testify of that. God has commanded us to take His truth to the world and He has promised that he will help us do it! Being a Missionary is the best thing I've ever done in my life. The blessings of it never ever end. It's truly amazing that if we attempt in any way to repay our Father in Heaven for what He has done for us He just pours out more blessings upon us and we become more indebted to Him! He truly is our Father. He has feelings too, don't forget that. Praying is always more important than any phone call, or sleep, or work or school or whatever it may be. And the miracle is that as we pray we have help in those things. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!!" That is true. If we sacrifice for the Lord, He will make it up to us times a million. The Church is true. Never forget it. Share your testimony.
Anyway, I love you all, keep up the amazing work! I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you! And don't forget to keep the letters coming. Please. Have a great week and let me know if there is anything that I can do for any of you! I love you
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment