Monday, March 23, 2009

Zone Conference, Liverpool (yes--that Liverpool) and the ferry

Date: Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 5:45 AM
Subject: Zone Conference, Liverpool, and the Ferry...

Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing? How's the weather over there? How are your Missionary experiences going? I hope they are going well, don't forget to write me about them!!

Well, we've had one crazy, but great week! On Tuesday the boiler specialist came and told us that the pump on our boiler is out. It will take 3 weeks to get a new one, but until then he said that they might could re-wire another type of pump to fit our boiler. Let's hope so!








On Wednesday we got to see the Tricketts for dinner again and it was wonderful! They are so nice and we love them so much. We were able to leave a copy of the Book of Mormon with them as well as a Restoration DVD. The Restored Gospel is true and everyone deserves a chance to receive all of our Father in Heaven's blessings from it! We hope the Tricketts do, please pray for them to!

On Thursday we had a nice ferry ride back to the mainland for Zone Conference! We got to do some work in Preston and met some amazing people, it was great! Zone Conference the next day was amazing and I learned so much. Revelation is a beautiful thing and is so important. We had Elder Per G. Malm (from Sweden) of the 3rd Quorum of the Seventy come and speak to us. He was amazing and the spirit was so strong as he spoke. I'm excited to apply, this week, what I learned at Zone Conference. Oh and Elder Woolsey and Elder Ayers were both there, it was great to see them also. That night we got to stay with our Zone Leaders in Liverpool and it was amazing!

The next day, Saturday, we got to play football (soccer) with some ward members and investigators in the area and it was a lot of fun. We realized all too late that we were going to be cutting it close to catch the ferry from Birkenhead (across the Mersey River from Liverpool, look it up on GoogleEarth). So we got back to their flat and quickly changed and packed up and got in the car with about an hour to go. We did get to see Liverpool City Centre which was amazing, and we also got to go in a tunnel under the Mersey River, that was really cool too. We got lost on the way to the ferry though, and when we found the road it was closed, and we got to the terminal just as the ferry was sailing out. We missed our ferry! It was a very intense day but I'm glad that it happened. All of us learned a lot that day. So we stayed one more night in Liverpool and then got our ferry back to the island yesterday. We are so happy to be back on the island!

It's been a little while since we've seen our investigators which I don't like but we are going to change that today and tomorrow. They are doing well though. Pete and Chris were at Church yesterday even though we weren't and we hear they are doing well. I'll give more updates on them all next week. Please pray for them to progress towards Baptism!

Well, the Church is true. I love this Gospel and I love that the fulness of it has been restored. I know that the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way to true happiness in this life, and the way to receive all of God's blessings in the eternities. How amazing is it that we have a Prophet of God and Twelve Apostles on the earth today?! And we get to hear from them in a couple weeks, I'm so excited!! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God and that Jesus Christ guides and directs us through him today. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it will help us gain a greater testimony of the Gospel as we read it prayerfully. I love that sacred record. It does bring us closer to God and Jesus Christ. I love this restored Gospel and I'm so thankful to be a messenger of it. There is nothing in the world like representing Jesus Christ. Never pass up an opportunity to share your testimony with anyone, but especially with a non-member. It is the way that we invite the spirit to link them to all of the amazing things that happened before this life. That's the amazing thing about this world- every man, woman, and child in it said yes to Jesus Christ before this world. It's our sacred responsibility to help them say yes to Him in this one. Please pray for Missionary opportunities, seek them out, and let me know how they are going!!

Anyway, you are all so amazing and I'm so blessed to have you. Keep up the amazing work, I love you all so much. Have a great week and let me know if there is anything I can do for you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: