Date: Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM
Subject: Hello from the Isle of Man!
Hello!
How is everyone this week? Is the weather getting warmer and warmer over there? It's doing the same here and we really like it, people like to talk so much more when it's warm!
We've had a good week though except for one thing. A couple of nights ago we came in and did our planning and started cleaning our pile of dishes and realized that we had no hot water. We checked the radiators around the flat and they were all cold. Our boiler is out!
We rang the boiler place this morning and they will hopefully come tomorrow at the earliest. I sure hope they come soon! I'm thankful for trials though because we learn so much from them. Plus it makes a great journal entry! I'll look back on this experience and laugh on it one day. And I'm sure some of you will get your laughs from it now!
The work is going very well though. Our prayers are being answered, WE HAVE A FAMILY TO TEACH!! We are so excited, Whitney and Andrew are the parents names, and they are amazing. They are just so ready to be taught! They have two girls and they recently had a baby, they've lost relatives recently, and they are currently members of the Christian spiritualist church (which means that they have similar beliefs and are very open)! They are so kind and they have accepted what we had taught so far very well. We are so excited for them all to receive the blessings of the restored Gospel!!
We also had another couple of new investigators. I think I told you about that little family that we helped with the wardrobe. Well, we started teaching them and they are amazing. It's a single-mother with two children and they are great. One of her children was asking some amazing questions when we taught them. And he's only 11! We're excited for them as well.
Our other investigators are doing well also, this place is just buzzing and I love it so much.
Pete and Chris weren't able to come to church on Sunday because of a late flight, but they are doing well. It seems that this week we've had breakthrough lessons with all of our investigators. Wanda (Scottish woman with two sons), for example, worked with her boss so she could come to Church on Sunday. She didn't make it in the end, but we were happy to know that she is sincere. We are also teaching a mother and daughter who have been very devoted members of the Church of England all of their lives. In our last lesson they almost said that they know it's true, it's just a matter of "saying yes" to following it. We're excited for all of our investigators, they are progressing so well. Thanks so much for all of your prayers in their behalf, they are being answered!!
On Saturday we got to go up to Ramsey (the North of the Island) for a little while and that was great. We got to teach a quick spiritual thought to a member up there and then got to do some service for an older couple while we were street contacting. This island is so beautiful. Every time we go to Ramsey we have to travel over Snaefell, the tallest peak on the island. It is gorgeous up there and it takes a lot of concentration to keep my eyes on the road, there is so much to see! We've got some pictures and videos of what it looks like up there so you can see it soon!
Anyway, don't ever forget that the Church is true. I've recently gained a stronger testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints really is the only true and living Church on the earth. It is the "one Lord, one faith, one Baptism" that the Bible talks about. No other Church has the authority from God. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. He really did see our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ and they did call him to be a Prophet. I know that this work is true and it is powerful and important. It brings the greatest blessings in the world. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!" It is so true. When we sacrifice our will to our Heavenly Fathers, we are infinitely more happy than if we were to follow our own will. He is our father and He does live and He does love us. Nothing can change that, not even our disobedience. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and I love Him. Because of Him we will be resurrected and we do have a chance to obtain Eternal Life, the greatest of all of God's gifts. Every good gift comes from God through Jesus Christ. He lives and loves us. He wants to help us do Missionary work! Don't forget to keep updating me on the Missionary work in the area! This work is so important and it brings such great blessings! I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God because I have read it and prayed to know of it's truth and the Holy Ghost has given me God's answer that it is true. That answer has blessed my life every day since I received it. The Book of Mormon is the keystone to a testimony of the restored Gospel and it will bring us closer to God if we will abide by its precepts. I love that book and I love the Gospel!
Well, I guess I'd better wrap this up. Have a wonderful week and please please keep the letters coming! I know I say that in every e-mail but letters really do help so much, just ask any returned Missionary! I love you all, thanks again so much for all of the love, letters, prayers, and support. I couldn't do it without you and without the Lord!
Love,
Elder Rowley
Quocunque Jeceris Stabit
-whithersoever you throw it, it will stand.
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment