Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Looking for the bright side of Monday P-days

Date: Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 5:29 AM
Subject: Hello from the Isle of Man!

Hey!

Well, P-Day is now on Monday. It feels weird and I'm thinking it might be a bit tough to adjust to right at first. A break in the middle of the week is good for us but not good for the work. Hopefully this way we will be able to focus more on the work and get more of our amazing investigators at Sacrament meeting on Sunday!!

It's been a good few days since I last wrote, lots of rain! Today is sunny though which we both really appreciate. The Lord gives us so many little tender mercies every day, it's incredible. I love being a Missionary and I would never ever give it up for anything!

Peter and Chris are doing well. They came to church yesterday and again, fit in perfectly. We were speaking with Bishop Grove later in the day and he said that he was thinking about Peter being in the Bishopric in the near future! Everyone loves them and they continue to progress very well. We love them so much and look forward to seeing them a couple times every week. We're really hoping that they will recognize the answers to their prayers and make the "leap of faith" and be Baptized. They are going to be so blessed by the Gospel and they are going to bring many blessings to the ward here. Please pray for them!!

Our other investigators are doing well also. We our friend from Bulgaria a couple times last week. At one point we were talking about faith and he pretty much quoted Alma 32:21, it was amazing. I never cease to be amazed at how much the Lord is preparing some of His children here to hear the restored Gospel! We get to work with some amazing people.

Recently we've been doing some work with Brother Clague, a former Bishop in the ward. He is an amazing man who was Baptized only in the last decade or so! He has a farm and he recently turned a part of it into a laser tag place and a "fun barn" with a bunch of big toys in it like at McDonalds. It's great, he has us over there and feeds us every once in a while. We got to do some service for him on Friday and it was great to be in the farm environment again! Tonight we are teaching a short spiritual thought for a combined Family Home Evening at him home tonight. He has a friend from Thailand who works at the fun barn and has been coming to church a lot since around Christmas. She comes because she bet him that she could get to the bus stop from the fun barn before the bus left. Brother Clague told her that if she lost she would "have to" come to Church. Sure enough she lost and kept her promise! We haven't taught her yet but we are hoping and praying to start teaching her soon. The ward members here are so amazing and they help with the work so much!!

Well, I'd better wrap this up. Never ever forget the Church is true. Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God and the Book of Mormon is evidence of that. I know that the Book of Mormon is the true word of God and that it has the power to change our lives for the better if we live the principles within it. We need to obey God so he can bless us. Elder Larson has taught me recently that our Father in Heaven's default is to bless us. We are the ones who mess that up when we sin. Sin is so stupid! I feel like Nephi most of the time because of all of my little sins: "O wretched man that I am!" I know that wickedness never ever was nor will it ever be happiness. The spirit teaches us what is right and what choices we must make to be truly happy. And those choices that will make us happy are the choices to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is central to all happiness, to everything that is truly good in the world. He can heal us as we come unto Him, both physically and spiritually. I know that that is true. God does live. The truth has been restored and we are so blessed to have it. The sacrifices we make for our Father in Heaven and His purposes are worth it. They are rarely ever easy but I know that they are always worth it. Being a Missionary is tough but I love it. It's taught me so many things, but recently I've learned more and more what a blessing it is to have trials and go through difficulties. I will forever appreciate them even more. We learn from them and that learning is priceless. God teaches us through trials. He does love us and He is desperately concerned about our happiness and salvation. He is always there just waiting to bless us, all we need to do is obey and thus let Him in. We must study the scriptures and pray with real intent every day to live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and be truly happy. I know that and I'm so thankful for that! Never ever give up in living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it will never be worth it to give up!

Anyway, have a wonderful week, I love you all! Keep up the amazing work, and don't forget to keep the letters coming! They do help, all of it helps. The prayers and letters especially. Your prayers in my behalf and in behalf of those Elder Larson and I teach and serve here on the Isle of Man are being answered. Thank you! I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

1 comment:

Dale said...

Ah, I loved Monday P-Days. They were the best. Week culminates on Sunday and you get to relax on Monday from all of it.