Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Early P-Day? (That just ain't right!)

Date: Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 5:33 AM
Subject: Early P-Day!

P-day is early this week. Now I know who waits to the last minute to e-mail me! I'll bet you weren't expecting an e-mail from your Missionary today! This is good though because today is a crazy day. We've already cleaned our car and we still have to go shopping and get some pictures printed and clean the flat and Elder Ayers has a driving lesson. P-day is so busy, but I love it.

This week has been a lot of fun. On Friday we got to teach at the Shrewsbury 6th-form college and it was amazing. I felt so much love for all those students there, it gave me a greater glimpse of how much Heavenly Father loves all of His children. We taught 3 classes and it was mostly just a question and answer lesson, but it was great! The world is definitely a very different place. Oh yeah and college over here is the equivalent of the last two years of high school for the States. So most of the students weren't much younger than I am! Oh, and the very best part of it was that we had a whole case of copies of the Book of Moromon and by the end of the three lessons, they were all gone! We got to be friends with some of them and the other day we were walking in town centre when I heard "Elder Rowley!" It was one of the students we had taught!


Oh Sunday the Shrewsbury ward had their primary program and it was wonderful. They each started by saying "I am a child of God" and it really hit me that we are really children of God. That is such a wonderful blessing. As we sang "Called to Serve" I just wept for joy for this chance to serve our Father in Heaven. It made me so happy! I just love being here.


Well, that's really about all the stories I have to share with you for this week. We've been doing a lot of finding and it sure is difficult, but we know that there are souls here who are ready, we just need to find them! I love it though, it's such a learning and growing experience.


Oh! Another experience I just thought of... Saturday night we were tracting and we got let into a home! Their names are Trevor and Dot and we just talked a little about the Church and the Restoration and set up an appointment to go back the next day. We saw them on Sunday and they are so nice. Then yesterday we were eating lunch in the car and we saw Trevor driving the bus and we both waved and just laughed and laughed, it was amazing!


Other than that we saw a couple hedgehogs a two nights in a row, that was pretty neat. Driving is so much easier now, it's great. The roads are still crazy and I've learned to just love it. It's so wonderful!

Well, the church is true. I love being a Missionary so much. Don't worry about me not getting e-mails this week, I'm fine! It gives me a chance to just focus on writing you and it gives Elder Ayers and I a little more time to get everything finished!


Jesus is the Christ. He loves us so much. God gave Him to us because He loves us too. There is no greater happiness than that that comes from emulating Jesus Christ and living your life for others. I'm learning that as I am working to have more charity and annihilate selfishness. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He suffered for our sins, and He suffered all our pains, afflictions, temptations, everything. And He beat it. He won and because of that we can too. This week we learned that the only thing we can really give to God is our will. As we give our will to God He can and will open the windows of heaven to us. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God. Jesus Christ directs this church under His direction. What we heard in General Conference a couple weeks ago came from God! That is so powerful. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God. I love that book. We need to read it as much as we can for it is not only the keystone to our religion, but the keystone to our testimonies. I love being a Missionary, I've never done anything greater!


Well, have a wonderful week. Keep the letters coming and thanks so much for all those that have been sent. Help out the Missionaries in Provo. They need your help. As you help them we will all see more success. We have been told that we are on the verge of great Missionary success and that will come as Missionaries and Member-Missionaries work together.

I love you all so much, you are wonderful! Keep up the amazing work!

Love,

Elder Rowley

1 comment:

Jay said...

Hooray for Elder Rowley! It sounds like he's doing an incredible job like we all knew he would!

-Jamie