Hi Mum!
It's good to hear from you and that things are going well. I'm excited to report that I've seen Elder Zack! He's safe and well in the MTC, but the funny thing is that he doesn't know that I've seen him! Here's what happened:
About a week ago we got permission to go to the Temple accommodation (across from the MTC) to have tea with a senior Temple Missionary couple who come to the Preston ward. Well, I was thinking that I would get to see Zack that day but as I rang President Clegg that morning he told me about the other Missionaries and his concerns about the effect of two visits and said that he would prefer if I would just see him on Friday. I was perfectly okay with that and told that to President Clegg. It still seemed a bit odd though that I would be right there on the MTC grounds, right across from the MTC, and not see Zack.
Well, after Church yesterday we went there and enjoyed our tea appointment and afterwards we walked up to the Temple. We had to walk back to the car to get Elder McKechnie's camera and as we were walking back to the car I looked across the car park into one of the windows of the classrooms. I saw some Missionaries in the room on the far left corner- it just happened to be the same room where I had my class when I was in the MTC. At the first glance I saw a Missionary that looked very similar to Zack and started to get excited. Elder McKechnie jokingly said something like "it's your brother!" Well, as I looked back again there was no doubt that it was him! I was so excited, but remembering what President Clegg told me that morning I didn't want him or the other Missionaries to see me. So I didn't go up to the window or anything.
As we drove by on our way up to the Temple again (we decided to take the car instead of walk) I had to look again and caught a glimpse of him pressing his face into the bottom of his water bottle, as if he was bored or tired or something, it was pretty funny. I knew then without a doubt that it was him. I didn't think I'd get to pass that window again before Friday when I'll work with him, but I was very surprised at what happened next. As we were back up at the Temple and took a couple of pictures I decided to turn the phone back on. As I did we found a message there from an Elder Powell at the MTC (he's one of the senior coordinators there or something). He had a package for Elder McKechnie so we had to go back down to the MTC! I drove this time and I was still trying to lie low so Zack and his fellow Missionaries couldn't see me. After getting the package we left the MTC and just as we were passing the window of the classroom that he was in I looked in and saw Zack stand up and close the window and start to head out of the room. It was clear as day that it was him. I don't think I'll ever forget that image of him standing there. It was such a comfort just to know for certain that he's there and safe. And from what I read of that e-mail he sent you he's doing very well!
It was such a blessing. Please don't tell him about it thought, I'll do that on Friday. I know that the Lord had a hand in this and will have a hand in the work he and I do together on Friday. I'm so excited.
For everyone:
Date: Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:44 AM
Hello Everyone!
I hope you've all had a great week. Things here in Preston are going very well and I'm excited for all I have to report on!
We've had a very busy week with a lot of different things going on. On Saturday we got to do what's called Helping Hands, I'm not sure how many of you have heard of it. Around the country wards and stakes meet together in their respective areas and do a service project in the community. Our project was cleaning up a pond for a crematorium. We got to pull up weeds and dig up dirt and it was a lot of fun.
Oh and in other news I heard that England got beat by Germany 4-1 in the world cup yesterday. People here weren't too happy about that as we were speaking with them on Sunday night, and I'm a bit disappointed as well, but in the end it will be better for the work. I hear that the US is also out as well. There's always the next world cup, right?
Anyway, Also this week I got to work with an Elder Miller in Blackpool. He's from Idaho and he's a lot like family. He reminds me of Colton. Anyway, he and I were able to get a lot done there in Blackpool and saw some great things happen. We had a very busy day with some street contacting on the road near the coast, teaching appointments and even a tea appointment. It was a lot of fun. Blackpool is a very interesting place though, I'll have to tell you about it someday.
Our investigators are doing well this week. Hai Ming will be Baptised this weekend and we're very excited for him. He just keeps surprising us. The other night we taught him in a members home and we accidentally forgot to leave him a chapter from the Book of Mormon to read. Well, he rang us and asked us where he should read and we gave him a chapter. That shows a lot of dedication and faith on his part. I'm so excited for him.
We also started teaching a Peruvian woman named Marisol this week. We saw her in town midweek and she came to Church on Sunday! We're also excited for her and I'll let you know about her progress. Please pray for her to feel of the spirit of the restoration.
Last night we were blessed to teach a Chinese man named Andy. It was pretty funny how we found him, we were driving along the road and as we drove past him we saw he was sitting on a small wall. Elder McKechnie said something like "Do you think he has 15 minutes we can teach him right now?" And I said I thought he probably would. Well, as we drove back to where he was sitting and parked the car and invited him to be taught right there he accepted and we were able to teach him. It was amazing. The Lord really led us to him!
Well, that's about it from me this week. The Gospel is true and it changes things for the better. I've seen that in my life as I've read in the Book of Mormon and prayed to know that it's true. I really like the line in Preach My Gospel that says that no-one can know of spiritual truths without prayer. How true that is. If we ask God if something is right then He will tell us and it will help us to choose the right and be able to experience His promised blessings in our lives. I testify that Christ lives and loves us. Of all His characteristics I think that's the most important- His love. I know that it is real and infinite and through the Holy Ghost we can have the reality of His love revealed to us. The Holy Ghost is real too and without Him and Jesus Christ we couldn't ever come to know the Father. I know that the Church is true and the Lord will bless us for living this incredible Gospel and for sharing it with others.
I hope you all have a wonderful week. I love you and am always thankful for the prayers and letters and support and love and everything you do for me. I wouldn't be here without you.
Love,
Elder L. Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment