
Date: Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:00 AM
Subject: Hello!
Hello Everyone!
I hope you've all had a great week. We've had amazing miracles happen here and I'm excited to share them all with you.
First of all, I've been driving around and working around some of the famous historical sites for the Church. Yesterday we drove right past President Hinckley's old flat when he served here all those years ago. On Saturday we spoke with people in town centre, right near the famous obelisk where President Hinckley preached. I can even see that same obelisk out the window right now, the library is just near it. And a few days ago we drove past the flat where some of the first Missionaries to England stayed when they were here. This area is amazing and I love it here!
Last week was great. On Tuesday morning we drove for nearly two hours all the way up to Carlisle, near the border of Scotland and England. It was a beautiful drive, and we had a great District Meeting up there. We have some great District Leaders in this zone and they work so hard. After the meeting we went to work with the Elders in a town called Workington. It was great, I worked with an Elder Hanchett who taught me a lot about excitement. We were very blessed, the next day after we were there they taught a new investigator that Elder Hanchett and I had set up an appointment with the previous day.
After that we had a beautiful drive to a city called Kendal. We passed Lake Windermere and many other lakes and mountains. It looked a lot like some parts of Utah but I didn't get homesick. Anyway, in Kendal I got to work with Elder Green who is from Tremonton and he is amazing. He taught me a lot about Charity and many other things. We were blessed to be able to teach a new investigator as well. I loved working there.
We returned on Thursday morning and did some work in our own area, but the next day we were on exchanges again with the elders we live with. I was with a German Missionary, Elder Dittmer. He taught me a lot about confidence and teaching and finding skills. We set up lots of appointments with people on the streets and taught some wonderful people as well. We were exactly obedient the entire day as well, we didn't miss one minute with the schedule. It was amazing.
A couple days later on Saturday morning we had planned to do some street contacting in a certain area, but when we got there it wasn't very busy. We felt that we should go to a certain street, so we did and after speaking with maybe 10 people a man named Nigel let us teach him on some steps! It was amazing and he is great, he accepted to be Baptised in a few weeks! He didn't come to Church yesterday though, so that concerns me. Please pray for him.
Yesterday was amazing as well. We didn't have anyone at Church, but I was blessed to be able to play the piano for Sacrament meeting and that went well. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with playing for meetings and I'm happy about that. Elder Griffeth and I also taught the Elders Quroum lesson about the Book of Mormon and that was a great experience as well. I love the members here.
Also yesterday we were blessed to be let into the home of a young man named James. As we taught him about the Restoration he recognized the spirit and also accepted to be Baptised in a few weeks! We're excited for him to progress and you can pray for him as well. We need some really solid new people to teach right now! Please pray also for us to be able to find some solid new people to teach.
Well, that's about it for this week. I know that the Church is true. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He knows each of us personally. He loves us and He has the power to help us change our lives. I know that because I've experienced it for myself. I know that we can all experience this daily. The way to come unto Him is through daily study in the Book of Mormon, prayer, and renewing Covenants at Church. These things are true and they truly change lives.
I love you all so much. Thank you again for all you do for me, I'm feeling the effect of your prayers in my behalf. Keep up the amazing work, you make such a massive difference in my life and in the lives of those I teach and serve. I couldn't do this without you. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment