Date: Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:17 AM
Hello Everyone!
We've had a great week here in Preston. The work is going pretty well, we just need some solid people to teach. I am very excited to have another Elder Rowley in England though! Leeds is a great Mission from what I hear! And Zack will be in the best MTC in all of England.
Our week has been very busy. We've been spending a lot of time searching for new people to teach. It's a lot of hard work. Last week we set up 38 return appointments with people and we're hoping that many of them will work out that we'll be able to teach them. Don't get too excited though, usually when we set up this many appointments we'll have maybe 4 or 5 actually let us teach them. We're going to see great miracles this week, I just know it.
Our investigators are doing well but they keep disappearing. Some we can't find and some we stopped teaching because they weren't progressing. Some have been busy and this week we'll start seeing them again. Please pray for us to have some solid people to teach in the next week! We need it so much.
Other than all of the searching for new people last week wasn't very busy. I got to take Elder Cowley and his companion back to Heysham so they could go back to the Isle of Man. They did some work in our area and really blessed it. We have so many great Missionaries in this mission and I always learn so much from them.
On Tuesday we were at District Meeting here in Preston with the other district in our zone and we learned about how to commit people to Baptism. It was great and I learned a lot. We have two amazing districts here in the Preston Zone. I also got to work with an Elder MacDougall from Scotland that day and it was amazing. He's only been a member for about 6 years and he is great. We were blessed to teach a woman on a bench as we were searching for people to teach, it was amazing.
We also taught a young Chinese man named James. He was great and he felt the spirit as we shared the First Vision with him! I love helping people feel the spirit. He is excited to read the Book of Mormon and come to know that God is there for him. You'll hear more about him in the future. He is just really busy and he needs to understand the importance of putting God first. Please pray for him to understand that.
Well, that's about it for this week. Oh I'll also tell you that I played the piano at Church on Sunday again, it was great. I'm getting more and more confident with it. It's like the parable of the talents... I had one talent and as I used it I gained another. It's great. Missions are the best. The Gospel is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. Jesus is the Christ and we can experience true happiness only from being like Him and serving others. Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God. What He speaks really does come from God and we can apply it and be blessed in our lives because of it. The restoration is real. The truths of the Gospel, the Plan of Salvation, and the authority to administer the ordinances of Salvation is once again on the earth. Joseph Smith is a true Prophet of God and the First Vision is real. Let us live the Gospel we know to be true!
I want you all to remember that I love you and I hope and pray that you are blessed for my service here. I know I say it every week but I can't let you forget that what you've done for me goes to bless the lives of the people, and Missionaries, here. Have a great week and keep up the amazing work!
Love,
Elder L. Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment