Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Christmas!

Amazing African food for Christmas!

Date: Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:53 AM
Subject: Happy Christmas!!

Happy Christmas Everyone!!

It really is the best time of the year. I feel amazing right now. The blessings just keep flowing and flowing in!!

Before I forget, I want to tell you that I've done well at sharing the Gosple with people on buses. I've spoken with as many people as possible on every bus I've been on since I last wrote. It's amazing and we're being very blessed for it. People are sometimes angry and rude, but it doesn't matter because the Savior experienced the same thing. If He can do it so can we!! I still need your prayers though.

We have had such an amazing week. Wow. We've had so many miracles in the last 4 days I can't even count. We owe it all to the Lord. As we've been diligent, His powers from heaven have come down to aid us in His work. I've learned that this is something that every Missionary needs. And all of us are Missionaries so we all need it.

One miracle happened when we tried by a man that was taught previously by the Zone Leaders here. His name is Babs and Elder Larson and I street contacted him a long time ago when we missed our ferry back to the Isle of Man one night. Well, we tried by him and set up a return appointment with him! That was great, but what happened after that was even more amazing. We were speaking with people in the streets and we spoke with a man named James. After sharing a bit of the Gospel with him we asked if we could come to his home and teach him right then and there. Sure enough, he said yes and we were blessed with a new investigator! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven, and I know that these blessings have come because we've made the efforts to bus contact and walk fast and speak with everyone we possibly can!

Another miracle happened with Toma's family. Last night we taught Linda in the Ward Mission Leader, Brother Brooksbank's home. The spirit was strong and it went well as we watched the Joy to the World DVD. That was good. Then we took Brother Brooksbank to teach Toma and his family. We taught about Moroni 10:3-5 and the spirit was very strong and we felt to commit them to another Baptismal date. We were a bit hesitant as they have struggled with Baptismal dates in the past, but we were committed by the area president to challenge all of our progressing investigators to a Baptismal Date. As we had the faith to do this, we learned that Toma had already set a date to be Baptised by! They were wanting to make it a surprise for us, but the spirit told us anyway because we need to know. So they are scheduled for Baptism again! And they came to Church on Sunday and are just doing great. Miracles just keep pouring in!

Also the other night we felt to stop by Linda for a quick visit and we were able to teach her niece! It was amazing. And for another lesson with Linda we planned to teach her how to donate tithing and we couldn't find a tithing slip anywhere, until I was flipping through Preach My Gospel to see what else we could teach her and a tithing slip suddenly appeared! It was such a miracle.

So it's been a week of miracles. We owe it all to the Lord. I testify to you that the Atonement works. It really does. We just simply do all that we can and trust in the Lord to make up the difference and He does. I've been doing this recently and it's brought my life to a whole different level. And the amazing thing is that there is hope for even further improvement and progression! The Book of Mormon is true. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored by God through His living prophet, as well as the knowledge of the Plan of Happiness. I love this plan, I know that it's true. I know that as we repent of our sins, relying on the Savior for our help, we will be able to one day have eternal life. I encourage all of us to do this every day of our lives. I promise that God will listen and help us with whatever trials we may be experiencing.

Well, I'll speak with you on Friday so I'll tell you more then. I love you so much. Again, I can't thank you enough for all you do for me, packages, love, support, prayers and everything. Have an amazing week and a very happy Christmas!

Love,

Elder Rowley
The Liverpool Elders! Stacey & Newsom, Rowley & Stringham

No comments: