Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy 2010!



Date: Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 7:51 AM
Subject: Happy 2010!!

Hello Everyone!

This year has flown by really fast. It's been a good one though. Next year will probably do the same. I suppose Dad was always right when he said that there's no rest for the wicked!

There isn't much to report today because I spoke with everyone on the phone on Friday. There is a bit thought. This morning we had district meeting and it was amazing. We all taught each other about Moroni's Promise in the Book of Mormon and helping investigators to follow that promise. The spirit was very strong and I learned a lot from these amazing Elders in my district. I love them and they are great. Now we'll be going on exchanges with Elders Lloyd and Parry in Crosby, the city just north of Liverpool. I'm excited.

Oh and yesterday we had a great zone activity playing football and basketball. Elder Burnett was there and it was good to see him, he's really good at football. We have a great zone this transfer, I love the Missionaries I get to work with.

Sunday was good but no investigators came to Sacrament meeting! Please pray for this to happen this week. Toma and his family are doing well but they need prayers for miracles to happen. And that they'll be able to come to Church this week. They're getting so close to Baptism, it'll hopefully be in January! Linda and Stephen can also use your prayers that they'll be able to come to Church on Sunday as well. They are also doing well but it's hard for us to see Stephen, he's out of town often. We're also hoping to find some solid new investigators soon, so your prayers for that are much needed!

Zone Conference was on Wednesday and it was amazing. We had some talks in the morning, then went to the Temple and did a session and afterwards had a testimony meeting back in the chapel. It was a really spiritual day and I loved it. We are so blessed in this mission to have a Temple and such an amazing Mission President and such amazing Missionaries as well. There's nowhere else I'd rather be right now than right here in the England Manchester Mission!

Our Christmas was good. Christmas Eve we were at the Brooksbanks house (Brother Brooksbank is the Ward Mission Leader) and we had pizza and watched Finding Nemo (we had some disney movies approved by President Bullock). It was amazing, during the whole movie Elder Stringham and I were thinking of how it was like the Gospel. I love being a Missionary because nobody can get annoyed at me when I do that in movies!!

Christmas day in the morning we just spent some time with Elders Newson and Stacey (our Zone Leaders) in their flat. We made pancakes and bacon and by the time we got to our lunch appointment in the afternoon we were already stuffed. We were at this Nigerian/English family called the Edosomeones, and they made the most amazing food, I loved it. African people are the best. We also opened some poppers after we ate, they are English things that you pull and they snap open, kind of like at New Years, but inside of them there are jokes and toys and trivia questions, it's great. I love them.

In the evening we watched "It's a Wonderful Life" with the Parry family and it was great. The ward members here have been so kind to us this season! That was the last thing we did on Christmas and it was one of the best. I learned as we watched that that when we put others needs above our own, like George Baily does and like the Savior also does, we are so much happier and so are those around us. Even though the happiness doesn't always come right at first, it always comes. It's true, I've experienced it. Like speaking with people on buses about the Gospel, it's way hard at first, but afterwards you feel great! I love the Gospel and I know that it's true. The Savior Jesus Christ is alive and He loves you. He can change your life if you will let Him in by exercising faith in Him and repenting of your sins. I testify that His path is the true path to success and happiness in this life and in the next. The Book of Mormon really does contain the fulness of His Gospel, and it is a springboard to testimony and personal revelation. We can come to know Him by reading, pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon. It will help us increase our faith in Him. It truely is the iron rod that will lead us back into His presence. Study the Book of Mormon every single day. As we use it as much as possible miracles will come into our lives. I know this is true because I've experienced it.

I love you all. Thank you again and again for all that you have done and still do for me. This work is not possible without those things. Have a very happy New Year and write soon!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: