Monday, May 4, 2009

Send some letters...I mean love!

Date: Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Subject: Happy May!

Hello!

Wow these weeks just go so fast, it's crazy! I love this work so much. How's everybody over there in Provo? I'm glad to hear that the weather is warming up a bit and that you are even getting some nice British weather as well! Rain is wonderful, isn't it? Just the other day we were tracting in the morning and it was rainy and cold and just no fun. We had some lunch then in the afternoon it cleared up and was nice and sunny the rest of the day! The weather is crazy over here and I love it!

Anyway, we're doing well this week. Elder Llaguno is doing well and is teaching me a whole lot. Sometimes I wonder if it's him that's training me! He's a good man and I hope that he sees a lot of success throughout his mission!

On Tuesday I had my first driving lesson with one of the members and it was great! I learned what I need to work on to take my test to get my Great Britain driving license. Driving on the left side of the road is so much fun, I think I'm going to miss it when it's over. Maybe when I return home I will drive on the left side of the road just for fun.

Our investigators are doing well and Wanda is scheduled for Baptism this weekend! I'm so excited for her, she will make a wonderful addition to the ward here. Hopefully all will go well and the service will run smoothly, we'll see. We might have to postpone it another week because of Baptismal clothes and other things, we'll see. Keep praying for Wanda to be ready for her Baptism whenever it is!

Peter and Chris weren't at church yesterday and we couldn't get a hold of them on the phone so we are a bit worried about them. I'm sure everything's fine though. They are progressing well and we are now just resolving some of their concerns in preparation for them being baptised. We still aren't sure how far off their Baptisms are, but we (and the ward members) are hoping and praying that it will be soon! Please Pray for them also, especially Chris, to be ready for baptism soon.

John is struggling at the moment with work and some other things, but he is reading and praying still. We are hoping and praying for him to start to progress towards Baptism. He's a good man and I'm sure he will be baptised one day soon.

We also had the opportunity to teach a very kind woman named Joe this week. She is very proactive and is willing to ask questions and then listen to the answer and then speak about how she feels about it. She's had a hard life and has really turned things around for herself and her two children and we are excited to see her again this week.

And we finally were able to see Andy and Wendy again! They had some wonderful questions and we took a member with us and he was great and the spirit was strong and it was just amazing. I'm excited to see them progress. Their beliefs about life and the spirit world and everything are very similar to ours which is really exciting!

I think that's about it for our investigators. On Saturday we had a really... interesting experience. We both felt really good about a certain street to tract and so we went there Saturday afternoon. After a few doors we found out why we were there when we were let in by a very kind Brazilian man! He took us into a dining room where there were a few other men and they said that they were talking about Jesus Christ. We were very excited to tell them about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, but as we did they started to explain their belief that the Bible is it. They pretty much fulfilled the Scripture in the Book of Mormon that talks about people saying "a Bible, a Bible, we have a Bible!" They were very kind though. We left with a Prayer but it was in the way that they Pray as they said. It was interesting and I'll tell you more about it later.

Well, the Church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it is true. I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost. I'm so thankful for the Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He has experienced every pain that we have and because of that He can help us make it through the things that we suffer. I know that repentance makes us happy. It's so hard to change. I wish I was better at it. I know that Heavenly Father helps those who try. We can't do anything without Him. We need His divine help every day of our lives, even when the sun is shining and there is food on the table and the children are happy and there is money in our pockets. As we seek His help in those moments as well as when times are tough we will feel closer to Him. The Nephites were destroyed because of their pride and so will we if we don't humble ourselves. I feel like such a prideful person. I'm so thankful for the example of Jesus Christ, that I can follow Him and become more humble and become happier and become the best person that I can be. I love the Gospel and I know that it is true!!

Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful week full of Missionary experiences. Thanks again for all of the love, prayers, letters, and support in every way. I need it so much and so do the people here. Remember that they are being blessed for all that you do for me. I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

PS- send some letters, I mean love!

No comments: