Just a note: We had a great visit by phone with Luke on Sunday. He sounds wonderful. I appreciate his honesty that a mission is hard work and he faces opposition every day but also that he enjoys serving the Lord and he loves being a missionary. We also learned this morning that Luke will be leaving the Isle of Man on the next transfer--May 20. He has loved serving amongst the people on the Isle of Man--it feels like home to him--but he is willing to go wherever the Lord needs to send him next.--Dalene
Date: Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Subject: Happy Mother's Day!
Hello!
Happy Mother's Day! How is everyone? Are you all ready for school to be done? I sure am. I mean, I'm sure glad it's done for me! Being a Missionary is better than going to school any day!
We've had a great past week. Wanda's Baptism is on hold for now, but it will happen in the near future. I'm excited for her, she just needs a little more preparation before her Baptism. She is dong great though and still remains happy and excited about everything! Last Monday we were able to have dinner and FHE with her, Luke (her son), and the Preece Family (members). It was amazing and Wilma and Luke enjoyed it very much!
Peter and Chris are doing well, they weren't at Church last week because Peter was feeling poorly on Saturday evening into Sunday morning. We saw them a couple times in the week and they are still just about ready to be Baptised! They are so close and I am so excited for them.
Our other investigators are doing well. John is working a lot of hours at his job so it's difficult to see him often. but he is recognizing the spirit better which is great! Wendy and Andy are doing well, we taught them about the Plan of Salvation last week and they agreed with it all! They are so amazing. In the middle of the week we were able to teach a kind woman named Glenis who is amazing.
We had an amazing day on Saturday. In the morning it was pouring and we were tracting and got pretty wet. The afternoon wasn't very fruitful when people wouldn't listen to us in town and when we went tracting. In the evening it got sunny and we had a new investigator from South Africa! It was incredible, he is such a kind man who has a great faith in God. Then we were able to teach some members and one of them asked for a blessing and we got to do that for him, it was incredible. I loved Saturday.
Well, my time on the computer is running out so I'm going to have to end this now. I love you all so much. The Church is true and Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. His true and living Church has been restored to the earth and we are so blessed to be a part of it. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and is true. It will bring us closer to God and help us be happy every time we read it. I'm so thankful for that great book. I know that sin causes unhappiness, but when we are obedient we are happy. Life is that simple. If we obey God we will be blessed and happy (see Mosiah 2:41), if we don't we won't. I love the Gospel and I know that it is true and that it can help us in anything and everything that we experience in this life.
Have a wonderful week! I love you so much! Keep the letters coming!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment