Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wow! What a Week: Hello, Good-bye, and prayers, please!



I've been in similar shoes before--training a new missionary from another country and culture. It can be challenging. I know Luke will appreciate your prayers in this new opportunity to serve. Thanks all for the love and support!

Date: Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 4:38 AM
Subject: What a Week!

Hello!!


Sorry it's been so long! I completely spaced and forgot to tell you that transfers were this week! I'm still here on the Isle of Man though... with a greenie! That's right, I'm training! I'm a bit nervous but I know that it's where I need to be and what I need to be doing. With the Lord's help I can do it, but I need your prayers so much. They will help and will bless me and my new companion and the amazing people we serve here!

Elder Llaguno (chyaguno) is from Spain and he is awesome! On the bus and ferry rides yesterday we just spent time getting to know each other and talking about the Gospel and being Missionaries, it was wonderful. I'm remembering now what it was like to be a greenie, and I'm realizing just how far I've come since then. I have a great feeling that Elder Llaguno and I will work well together and see miracles here! I'm excited for him.

Elder Larson went to Bolton to be a District Leader! I'm going to miss him, but we'll see each other at Zone Conference next week. And I'm excited for him, he is going to be amazing. I learned so much from him. I think I've learned more from the people I've served with than from anything else, it's incredible. And there is such a bond between those who learn together through this great work, it's amazing. I love this great work!

I learned something really great on the ferry ride to Liverpool. This time we prepared and took the motion-sickness tablets like President Bullock told us to. right from the start it was very bumpy and we were a bit worried that it wasn't going to be a very pleasant experience. But the tablets worked and Elder Larson and I had a nice conversation on the rocking boat like it was no big deal! Life is going to be rough no matter what, but if you have the right medicine then you won't get sick. That medicine is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Some people have some medicines that work for a little while, but in the end they are still sick. It's a great blessing that we have the one and true "medicine" that will keep us "well" for eternity!

The last week and a half has been good though. We got to teach FHE to the Johnsons and it was awesome. They are such a wonderful member-Missionary family! They have a son, Robert, who was recently ordained a Deacon. I love seeing that happen. It seems like just yesterday that that was me, and I love to look back and see how far I've come. And I also love that I can tell these young men how fast it will come and go and how much fun it will be.

Our investigators are doing well. Our friend from Bulgaria is leaving to go back soon and he's been talking with his wife about things and we probably won't be seeing him too much anymore. He still has the Book of Mormon and I firmly believe that he will be Baptized one day.

Wanda is getting Baptized on May 2nd! We're so excited for her, she is doing so well. She is working on giving up her tea and coffee and is doing wonderful. Please pray for her to have strength against the opposition and to be ready for Baptism!

Peter and Chris continue to progress. They came to General Conference and enjoyed it very much. Please pray for them to be ready for Baptism.

General Conference was amazing by the way! Elder Larson said on Saturday before we watched that first session (it was from 5 to 7 pm for us) that Elder Anderson would be the new member of the Twelve, and sure enough, he was right! The talks were all so amazing though, I feel so much spiritually stronger now. I'm excited to get the conference Ensign so I can study it even more!






Elder Larson and I spent our last couple days together saying goodbye to people and it was great. We both have grown to really love the people here, I'm sure it was hard for him to leave. It's crazy just how fast the last 4 months have come and gone.

Anyway, the Church is true! I know that God lives and loves us. Jesus Christ is our Savior and He knows how to help us. He is the only way to success and happiness in this life and eternal life in the next. I love Him and I love that I get to represent Him as a Missionary right now. I know that President Monson is a true Prophet of God and he loves us. We can't affort to pack away our conference notes; we must keep them out, study the conference Ensign, and apply the principles in our lives. Those words spoken are true and will bless us as we study them and apply them. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is the keystone to our religion. We will become closer to God by abiding by it's precepts than by any other book. Joseph Smith was a true Prophet of God. We are so blessed for his great sacrifices, and so many more of God's children will be blessed as we sacrifice to share this great message with them. The power of the Priesthood and the blessings of the Temple are real and eternal. Go to the Temple!! There is too much work for us to do, too much spiritual strength for us to acquire, and too much happiness to be had to not go to the Temple at least once a week. I wish I could go every week and I would if I could, but my assignment is different for now. I love the Temple and my life is blessed every day because of it. The Gospel is true!

Well, have a wonderful week and I'll write again on Monday. In a couple weeks President Boyd K. Packer is coming to the Mission for a Mission conference! I'm so excited, it's going to be wonderful. Anyway, keep up the amazing work. Your prayers, letters, love, support, and everything else are much appreciated! Keep it coming! Heavenly Father knows I need it! I Love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: