Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Don't lose your savor!

Date: Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:30 AM
Subject: Happy Easter!

Hello from the Isle of Man!

How is everyone this week? How was Easter? It hasn't snowed over there again, has it?

Our Easter was great. Church was great, especially Sacrament meeting. There was a presentation by the Clarke's, Larry, and another member named Sister Huxley-Wright; it was amazing! The spirit was so strong. And we had 4 investigators there! Larry brought a friend of his, George, who we are teaching, Wanda came, and so did John! We were so happy to see all of them there and I'm happy that Elder Llaguno has had a good start to his mission.

The last few days since I last wrote have been amazing. We've seen a lot of people and spoken with a lot of people in the streets, it's been so much fun. I still struggle to speak with everyone, your Prayers in my behalf (as well as Elder Llaguno's), and in behalf of the people we serve here, are much appreciated. Being a Trainer is probably the hardest thing I've ever done, but I love it. For example, I don't think I've ever made more phone calls in my life! I'm learning and growing in ways I never thought possible!

Wanda is doing well. Please pray for her to be ready for Baptism on May 2nd. She is so close and is so amazing and ready!

Peter and Chris are coming along as well. They are reading the Book of Mormon. Please pray for them both to have the witness that it is true and that they need to be Baptized.

We saw Jack on Saturday it was amazing. He's progressing. I'm almost certain that he will be Baptized one day soon.

We are also praying and hoping for new investigators. Elder Llaguno spoke with a Portuguese man in the street the other day and we are seeing him on Saturday! I love it when he gets opportunities to speak with people in Spanish. His knowledge of the Scriptures and of the Gospel is wonderful. He is teaching me so much! We also have a couple more appointments with potential investigators on Saturday that we hope will work out.

Well, never forget that the Church is true. I'm so thankful for the blessings of the Gospel in my life and I know that the good things in our lives do come from God. He does live and He is our Eternal Father in Heaven. Every part of the Gospel points us toward being in His presence forever. Preach My Gospel talks about Eternal Life a lot and I love it. That is our number one goal when all is said and done, to obtain all that God has. And the way we do that is through Jesus Christ. I know that He lives and that the power of His Atonement is real. The fullness of His Gospel has been restored to the earth today through Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon is true evidence of this. I love the Gospel. The blessings of the Temple are real and powerful and I'm so thankful for them. Go to the Temple. There is so much work to be done and we can't afford to miss out on the blessings from going often. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true and living Prophet on the earth today and that Jesus Christ directs the affairs of this Church through him.

Anyway, we're off on the ferry today to Liverpool for Zone Conference tomorrow! I'm very excited. And next week we are having a Mission Conference with President Boyd K. Packer!! Being a Missionary is the best!

Have a wonderful week and keep up the amazing work. You truly are the salt of the earth, don't lose your savor! I love you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: