Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Short and sweet

Luke told me he had a much longer version of this all typed out and then the computer deleted it (that's the second time this has happened). This is the Reader's Digest Condensed version:

Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Subject: Hello!

Hello Everyone!

We've had another great week this week and the time continues to fly by!! I love being a Missionary so much. It's crazy to think that I've been out for nearly 6 months!

We've had 3 more new investigators since I wrote last, it's incredible, the blessings just keep flowing in! The first one was *Sandra, a daughter of one of our investigators. The other week she was in on one of the lessons and we have been able to teach her the Restoration and Plan of Salvation so far, it's been great!

On Monday we began teaching an interesting man named Phil. We taught him about the Restoration and we're not sure how much more we'll teach him. But if he is willing and ready to listen then we will continue to teach him! He's a good man.

Yesterday we taught that young woman that we helped with the nasty plant in her front garden (over here it's garden, not yard). We taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she has a lot of amazing questions! We almost had to start teaching her about the Restoration she is so prepared!

On Saturday we had a run-in with people of another faith. We had an appointment to teach a promising African couple who know another African couple that was recently Baptized. We went in to teach them and they started going on about the Sabbath being on Saturday and they wouldn't let us use the Book of Mormon and it was pretty intense. Needless to say, we now know why the Sabbath was changed to Sunday! I'll tell you more about this one when I return home!

Well, the Church is true. God does live and He loves us all so much. Prayer does work and it does change things. I've seen that every day of my Mission. This work is true and it does bring us a great happiness! The Book of Mormon is the word of God and I love it so much. I love coming to understand and know it better and better. I know that the Holy Ghost is real and He blesses our lives so much. I love feeling the Spirit, it's amazing! I know that life is hard but it is worth it if we live the principles and ordinances of the Gospel!

Anyway, have a wonderful week! I love you all, thanks so much for all the love, letters, support, and prayers! It really does help so much. Especially the letters. Just kidding. But really, keep them coming!!! I love you.

Love,

Elder Rowley

*names have been changed to protect privacy

No comments: