Date: Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 5:19 AM
Subject: Hello!
Hello Everyone!
What a week! It went so fast and so many amazing things are happening, I can't hardly wait to tell you about them all. Don't forget, anyone and everyone is more than welcome to send us mail anytime! Letters to Missionaries are worth their weight in gold!
Well, I actually have to hurry because we have an appointment soon. Zone Conference was incredible. I love Zone Conferences, they are the best! We left on Wednesday and the Ferry ride was nice and smooth, we got some studying and letter-writing done. When we got there we went to our Zone Leaders Area (we're in the Liverpool Zone) and went on exchanges with them. I got to go with Elder Crowther who was trained out on the Isle of Man! We got to teach a lesson, visit a recent convert, and try by some potential investigators, it was so much fun! I always learn so much from the other Missionaries here, I love it. We taught this lesson to a woman named Magdalena and her husband. She recognized the spirit very well, she said that when we were there it was like there was a piece of Heaven in their home, it was amazing
and very humbling.
Thursday was Zone Conference and we got some wonderful training which we are excited to apply to the work on the Isle of Man! Thanks for the letters and packages by the way, I love them!! For a part of Zone Conference we got to sing "Be Still My Soul" with a group of other Elders and some Sisters, it was amazing. President Bullock spoke about the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Codices and how they support the Book of Mormon and all the teachings of Joseph Smith, it was amazing and it really strengthened our testimonies. Sister Bullock told one of her amazing stories and related it to the work, we always learn a lot from her. At the very end of the Conference we did the questions of the soul from chapter 5 of Preach My Gospel. We all have been studying these and they drew names out of a hat to see who would go up and answer the questions based on the scripture given in Preach My Gospel. My name got called and it was pretty intimidating, but a lot of fun! It was all so amazing. That evening we were with the Preston Elders again and I got to go with the Preston Zone Leaders to do some tracting and to teach a lesson, it was a lot of fun, I love these amazing people I'm serving with here!
Yesterday we traveled home and we have been hoping and praying for a nice, calm Ferry ride for the past few days. And we sure got it. We were also praying for the strength to contact people on the Ferry and we got that too, kind of. We got some food right when we got on because we were hungry and we knew that this time we wouldn't have to worry about "donating it" to the floor of the ferry. As we sat down and began to eat the man sitting next to us said "does President Bullock know you're here?" Both of us were very surprised when the man introduced himself as GP. GP lived in Salt Lake for a while with President Jacobsen (the previous Mission President before President Bullock) and even got to meet President Hinckley. He lives on the island and President Bullock told us to get in contact with him but we haven't been able to because he has been gone until just yesterday when he was on our same ferry to come back. Miracles do happen! We got to know him really well and it was just great. As if that was amazing enough there were a couple guys who started asking us about the Church and things, it was amazing. We are still in awe of the blessings we have received over the last few days. I love being a Missionary.
Other than that the work is going very well, we've got a lot of potential investigators lined up and on Monday we actually got 3 new investigators who I'll tell you more about next week.
Well, the Church is true, never forget it! President Monson is a Prophet of God and he is guided and directed by Jesus Christ himself. I know that this Church is the only true Church on this earth. God does live and He does love us more than we can ever really understand. He does answer prayers. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and I love Him so much. The power of the Atonement is real. The power of the Priesthood is real. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it will bring us closer to God. There is power in the small and simple things of Scripture Study and Prayer, I love these two things so much.
I hope you all have a wonderful week and feel free to send loads of letters! We only go back to the mainland once every 6 weeks so please send them to the flat. We don't have transfers for another month so no need to worry about me getting transferred. I'll work on sending more letters too! Thanks for everything you do, you are all so amazing and I love you so much. Keep up the amazing work and let me know about your Missionary experiences! I love you!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment