Thursday, January 28, 2010

Transferred!

Zone Leaders council at the Mission Home

Date: Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 5:24 AM
Subject: Transferred...!

Hello Everyone!

How are you all doing this week? I hope well. I am doing great. I've been transferred to Preston, and I'm now serving with Elder Griffith from California. He is amazing and we are going to make some wonderful things happen this transfer! Before I forget, here is the flat address so you can all write to me:

49 Centenary Mill
Preston
PR1 5JQ

So now you can all write to me. I think I'll be here a bit longer than I was in Liverpool, so that will be nice. I love it here already and I'm excited to tell you all about it! But first I'll tell you about my last week in Liverpool.

To be honest, I was sad to leave Liverpool. Probably more sad than any of my other transfers. That area is just so amazing and the people and the Missionaries and everything. I'm going to miss it, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me here!

Since I wrote last we had a great week. We had a district meeting on Tuesday and one of the Elders tied Jonny Lingo into committing investigators to come to Church, it was great! I love those Missionaries. Afterwards we got to eat together at a nice restaurant called a carvery. It's just a traditional English Roast dinner, you've probably seen one in my pictures. I'll explain more about it if you have any questions. Anyway, after that we went on exchanges with the Elders just north of Liverpool in a town called Crosby. I worked with Elder Lloyd and he taught me a lot. He was called as a new District Leader and he replaced me there. That district is in good hands!

We were also blessed with some wonderful tea appointments with members last week, we had some great food and great people to work with. I love the members in Liverpool and I will miss them a lot.

On Friday there was a Baptism of an American girl named Mary. She was taught by our Zone Leaders, but again they needed me to play the piano for the service so we got to go. It was a wonderful service, very organized and spiritual. And Mary is going to make a wonderful member. I taught her once and she accepted everything so quickly. She's great.

Sunday we got to work with the Zone Leaders and I got to work with Elder Stacey. He taught me a lot of really good things and I'm thankful for that. Exchanges are the best. Although sadly, none of our investigators came to Church on Sunday. But since transfers there are now sisters teaching Toma and his family, so they will probably become more committed to Church. I'm thankful for that.

Since then it's been crazy seeing people and getting everything ready for transfers. It was a great last week in Liverpool and I will miss it. As for Preston, we live with another set of Elders and they are great. I'll tell you more in the future because my time is short. Also, we are teaching some amazing people as well. Oscar is Chinese and he is being Baptised on Saturday. He is very smart. And Eric is from Ghana and he will be Baptised in a couple weeks. We are very blessed here! Again, I'll tell you more on Monday.

Well, the Church is true. I've learned a lot in the past few weeks and I've changed a lot. I've really been humbled by the opportunities the Lord has given me to serve, and I need your prayers to progress to be what He needs me to be. In the Gospel we sometimes become prideful and boast of our callings or the things we've done. Sometimes we don't do things the Lord's way when we know we should. Sometimes we study the Gospel for our needs and not others. Sometimes we ask ourselves why we aren't happy at Church instead of why others aren't happy. I've learned in the past week that when we do this the Lord humbles us. As we overcome selfishness and pride through the Atonement, we will find out who we really are, and we will reach our full potential. There's a scripture in the New Testament about losing our lives for the service of others. That is true. When we truely serve, we reach great heights. When we are selfish and prideful, we wither and are miserable. I know that this is true because I've experienced both sides of this. The only true and lasting way to change from this is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I testify that it works and it changes things. God lives and loves all of us, if He didn't we wouldn't even be here. The Book of Mormon is true. It's the keystone of my testimony and the iron rod that leads us along the path back to God's presence. The Gospel is true.

Well, I love you all very much. Have a great week and keep up the amazing work. I couldn't do this without you!

Love,

Elder Rowley

No comments: