Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 3:17 AM
Subject: Another Week Come and Gone...
Hiya Everyone!
How's your week been? Ours has been good and fast. Yesterday at Sacrament meeting we had Carmen come and then a couple more that we weren't even expecting! They were former investigators, one of which we are seeing this evening! It's exciting.
Last night we had what was probably one of the best PEC meetings I've been to on my mission. I love PEC. I learn so much from the ward leaders! Last week we fasted that the member work here would pick up as we made increased efforts and it sure has. The meeting went very well, we're having different members coming teaching with us and offering their help. The Young Men's leader even wants to feed our whole zone for Thanksgiving! I'm very blessed to be serving in this ward at this time! Our Bishop is feeling poorly right now, so your prayers for him will be much appreciated.
On Friday we were on exchanges with the Middleton Elders again, I got to work with Elder Rosenberg (the Finnish Elder!) again. I think we've been on 3 or 4 exchanges now! I'm learning a lot from him. Anyway, we had a great day that day. We got to do service for Paul Collis, an amazing ward missionary. We also taught the Wilsons and Elder Rosenberg was impressed with the most amazing football analogy for Enduring to the End. It was along the lines of: when you get the football in the game it's like being Baptised, and you have to keep the ball going and "endure" all the way to the goal. Harry loved it and I think his understanding is increasing. Their family can use your prayers as well.
At interviews this past week we were trained on how to be better at planning as well as how to be better at working with the ward members. Elder Burnett and I applied this with a couple in the ward we've been working with and it was amazing, we're seeing miracles from applying our learning. I testify that the greatest things we can do with the things that we learn is to apply them and to share them.
We also went on exchanges with our zone leaders this week and it was great. I got to work with Elder Weidmann and it was a great day. We committed two people to a Baptismal date and helped another one feel the spirit so much that she cried. It was a wonderful day.
I also saw a miracle this week with the Priesthood. A blessing was given to a sick Elder and in the blessing a promise was given that he would return to full strength as he served to his full capacity that night. The sick Elder didn't do too well for the first part of the evening, but in one moment he felt to sprint after a man to share the Gospel with him and immediately his health returned and he was well the rest of the week. I testify that this is a day of miracles and that the power of the Priesthood is real!
Well, I know that the Church is true. My testimony is growing every day. I can testify that the times we grow the most are the low points of our lives. A mission sure has a lot of low points. Daily, weekly, and monthly. It's crazy but I love it. I love the changes that I am experiencing because of our Savior Jesus Christ. I testify that He is alive. I testify that He lives for you and me and everyone we will ever meet. His Gospel will bring us the most peace and happiness in this life and in the life to come. As we have the faith to repent of our sins and partake of the Sacrament each week I testify that the Holy Ghost will be present in our lives. He comes every time we repent. Life is as simple as that. And we do this primarily so we can follow the example of our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ in serving others. Remember that this week. Keep repenting and serving. This is the purpose of our lives and it will bring us happiness and prepare us to live with God! I can testify of this because I am experiencing it in my life. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, it is the keystone of all that I testify of. We need to use this sacred record more. I know that the Savior wants us to for that's what He told some of His Apostles and Prophets to speak about in General Conference. I testify that the Gospel is true and it has been restored!
Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week. This work is amazing. Do it when you can. Share the Gospel on the internet. Our most progressing investigator right now is being taught because a friend shared the Gospel with her on the internet. It works. I testify of it. I love you all and I hope you know that. Don't forget about the blessings you are bringing the people of England through me. Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Rowley
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment