Date: Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 4:18 AM
Subject: Lots of Work!
Hello!
How is everyone this week? I hope all is going well, we sure are keeping busy here in Rochdale!
I first have to thank you for all your Prayers and support for me. I'm experiencing amazing miracles right now and I know that it's partially due to your faith and prayers. Don't forget about that. I couldn't do this without your help!
We had a good weekend and start to the new transfer. Elder Burnett is amazing and we get along great. He works hard and is humble and has a strong testimony and is improving daily and it's just great to get to work with him. Please pray for him to overcome his fears and improve every day.
Over the weekend we had a new investigator named Jolie. She is amazing, she felt the spirit very strongly as we taught about Joseph Smith, and this week she'll be at church (with your Prayers) and have a Baptismal date! She's amazing and we're excited to see the blessings of the Gospel in her life. Please pray for her and all of our other investigators to make it to Church on Sunday and accept Baptismal dates. Miracles are happening and more are on the way!
Speaking of miracles, I learned this week that when we expect miracles, they come. We need to expect great things in our lives. As we expect answers to our prayers, they will come. I testify that this is true and I know it because I've experienced it this week.
On Sunday Kennedy passed the Sacrament! It was wonderful, he did so well and we are so proud of him. He continues to do wonderful things in his life. His face lit up the other day when we mentioned him serving a mission. His learning and understanding of the Gospel are great. I'm so glad I get to work with him!
On Friday we taught six lessons, it was a lot of fun. They all went very well and it was a miracle that they all worked out. It was because we expected them to happen! The quote of the day for Friday was "Is it really that white?" Contissa said that when we showed her a picture of the temple. It really made me realized that the house of the Lord is perfect. No other building in the world will ever exceed the whiteness and the purity of it. No other building is as close to God. We must go to the Temple every week possible. I testify that God has great blessings for us as we do.
Our investigators are doing great, they're being blessed so much. Contissa, Derek, Harry, Jolie, Violet, and many others will be at Church on Sunday. I expect this miracle to occur. And I'll ask you to prayerfully do the same. Your prayers mean so much to me and to the people here, their lives are so much more blessed when we all pray for them together!
I know that the Church is true. People oppose us every day and I love it because I know that they are wrong. I just ask somebody "who told you that?" When they make a statement against the Church or it's teachings. They never can answer me because they don't realize that those ideas come from Satan. The spirit can beat him. I testify of that, I've experienced it this week as well. The spirit is so powerful and I know that we must work to be receivers of it every single day. The Lord has a great work for us each to do and we need to make sure that it gets done by His Spirit. I know that Heavenly Father lives. He loves us. Prayer does work and it does change things for the better more than anything else. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. I love Him. It is because of Him that we can enjoy all of these blessings. He makes it possible for us to receive answers to our prayers and to feel the spirit and to live the Gospel. I testify that He wants us to come unto Him by living the Gospel. I particularly testify that genuine repentance is one of the most powerful things in this life. It makes Him happy when we repent. We need to do it so we can be happy as well. I know that that happiness will come as we repent and live the Gospel. I love this work and I know that it is true.
I love you all. I hope you have a wonderful week and keep up the great work. I hope and pray that school goes well for everyone. Just trust in the Lord and He will help all of us accomplish great things. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Rowley
PS- Thanks for the packages!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment