Subject: I Love You!!
Hello Again!
Wow another week has come and gone so fast... it's crazy how fast it all goes! Well, it's been an exciting and difficult week. Every week is like that though, and I absolutely love it.
Last Tuesday when I was still with Elder Ayers we got let into a home and taught a man the Restoration, I think I told you about it. Well, we went to our appointment with him and he wasn't there so we phoned him up on Halloween Night right before we did weekly planning. He is an amazing man. He asked "can I come to your church?" and he has so many amazing questions and he reminds me a lot of myself when I was first getting into the Book of Mormon. We were really excited to see him at church on Sunday but he didn't make it. A friend of his passed away and he wasn't doing too well on Sunday. But since then we've met with him a couple times and it has pretty much been just question and answer sessions. He asks us a question and we are guided by the spirit to a scripture in the Book of Mormon that answers it for him, it's so amazing. The spirit was so strong in the lesson we taught him last night, I just LOVE it!! The only sad part is that he is moving to Bristol in a couple weeks so we will only get to teach him for that much longer then hopefully turn him over to the Missionaries there. It's alright though, I've learned and grown so much from teaching him!!
How was everyone's Halloween? We had to be in after 5:00 p.m. and we did our weekly planning session, it was actually pretty fun and we got a lot done! It sure was the most different Halloween of my life!
Oh yes and I haven't even told you about Elder Woolsey! He is amazing, I love him so much already. He is really good at finding common ground with people and complimenting them, it's great! He is from St. George and he pretty much grew up in Bryce Canyon and that area so he is a lot like the Rowley side of the family. A LOT. It's amazing, so many times I just have to tell him "hey that's something my Dad would tell me back at home" or something like that. We get along pretty well and it's a lot of fun. If there's anything else you'd like to know about him then let me know!
On Sunday we got to have dinner with the Bishop and his family and it was wonderful. Where he lives is a lot like Duchesne, lots of trees and fields and a lot of wildlife, it's beautiful. The meal was amazing, as are all of our dinner appointments. I think I'm going to really miss the English dessert when I get back to Utah. It's usually a nice big, warm piece of pie covered with ice cream and custard. Oh I just love it!
Well, that's about all the news I have for this week. I just love being a Missionary so much, I know I say that all the time but it is just so true. The words "England Manchester Mission" meant so little to me on the night of May 21st, but now they mean so much more. I love it here, there is nowhere else on earth I would rather be right now.
The church is true and it is amazing. The gospel can and will give us the most happiness of anything in the world because it is real and it is true. Jesus Christ really does live and loves us so much. God lives as well and wants to see us happy. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it will change our lives every time we read it and pray about it. I'm seeing it change lives here and it's changing my life every day. It is the keystone of my testimony. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and the first vision really did happen. Nothing anyone ever says can disprove that. I know it is true, I just know it! I'm realizing that more than anything else my own conversion to the Gospel is becoming deeper and deeper as I serve Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and my brothers and sisters here in Great Britain. I love this great work with all my heart!
Have a wonderful week and I will too! Help out the Missionaries there, they need your help more than any of us know. You are a key part of the success of Missionary work there. I love you all so much, keep up the great work! Thanks for all the letters, love, support, prayers, help, everything. You do so much for me and it is really blessing the lives of every soul that is here. My companions, the ward members, our investigators, those we talk with on the street or in their homes, all of them are blessed for your efforts. Thank you!!
Much much Love,
Elder Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment